‘Hate Breeds Hate’: Twitter Users Blame Michele Bachmann for Attack on Sikh Temple
Almost immediately after the recent shooting in Aurora, Colorado, where over a dozen people were killed during the premiere of ‘The Dark Knight,’ the media began trying to tie the suspect to the Tea Party. When that failed, others implied that loose gun laws were responsible for the mass-murder, arguing that stricter measures can prevent similar tragedies in the future.
Now, on the same day as the horrific attack on a Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Twitter users have already begun to imply that public figures like Michele Bachmann and Rush Limbaugh are somehow responsible.
Bachmann seemed to be the recipient of most of the allegations, presumably because of her calls to investigate the Muslim Brotherhood and its influence within the United States government.
Twitchy captured related tweets:
Here are more:
Many of the Twitter users are seemingly oblivious to the fact that Sikhs are not, in fact, Muslims.
However, CNN explained Sunday that violence against Sikhs is often just misplaced Islamophobia. According to the cable news network, Sikhs are often mistaken for Muslims because of their distinctive appearance.
Here is video, via Buzzfeed:
Twitchy summarized that, to many on the left, a shooting is “never the fault of the actual criminal.”
One Twitter user, for instance, wrote: “KEEP Spewing your hateful, racist, irresponsible paranoid hate Bachmann & Friends…I mean, they’re just words, right? Hate breeds hate.”
But Bachmann stayed above the fray, tweeting: “My heart goes out to everyone affected by today’s tragic shooting in Wisconsin. The victims and their families are in my prayers.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 409 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 357 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 290 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 206 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 125 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 146 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 109 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Flooding forces evacuation of 1,300 in ND town
- Cannes: Scott Thomas' glorious dip into darkness
- Benghazi review leader OKs meeting with committee
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror
- Weiner launches comeback bid to become NYC mayor
- Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Key House chairman slams Senate immigration bill
- Stocks fall on news Fed weighed cutting stimulus