RNC Chair Reince Priebus Calls Harry Reid a ‘Dirty Liar’ for Romney Tax Claim
Republican National Committee chair Reince Priebus called Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid a “dirty liar” for accusing Mitt Romney of not paying his taxes for 10 years.
Reid (D-Nev.) made the claim in an interview last month, saying a Bain Capital investor had told him Romney “didn’t pay any taxes for 10 years.” Romney strongly denounced the accusation, saying last week it was false and that Reid needs to “put up or shut up.”
“As far as Harry Reid is concerned, listen,” Priebus said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week.” “I’m not going to respond to a dirty liar who hasn’t filed a single page of tax returns himself, complains about people with money but lives in the Ritz Carlton here down the street.”
Priebus called Reid’s claim a “made-up issue” and said it was “ridiculous” to spend time talking about it.
“You say you’re not going to respond but you just called him a dirty liar,” host George Stephanopoulos said. “You stand by that, you think Harry Reid’s a dirty liar?”
“I just said it,” Priebus replied.
Priebus’ Democratic counterpart, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, also appeared on “This Week” but declined to criticize Reid over the issue.
“Everybody is responsible for saying the things that they have information on,” the Florida congresswoman said. “I know that this question is not just generated by Harry Reid. It’s been asked by countless reporters, by voters that want to know more about Mitt Romney’s finances. What is he hiding?”
Wasserman Schultz said Romney could clear the issue up “in 10 seconds” by releasing more of his tax returns.
“He could clear it up just like that, lickety-split, by releasing his tax returns, which every major candidate for president of the United States has done except for Mitt Romney,” she said.
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 453 Comments
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 320 Comments
- This Could Be the Most Haunting Statistic You’ll Ever See 275 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 169 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 102 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich 105 Comments
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 121 Comments
- ‘My Life Is Full of Blessings’: Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim Who Lost All Limbs Smiles as She Shows Off New Bionic Hands Read More
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California 134 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- Report: New controversy at scandal-scarred Rutgers
- Iran fields 'massive' number of missile launchers
- Search for pilot of NY Angel Flight resumes
- Suspected rebels kill 28, wound 24 in east India
- Cain stops Bigfoot in 1st round, defends UFC title
- 2 rockets hit Lebanese Hezbollah stronghold
- Spurs take 3-0 lead, beat Grizzlies 104-93 in OT
- Blackhawks beat Red Wings 4-1 to stay alive