Obama ‘Deserves Our Ire & Condemnation’: GA Business Owner Explains His ‘Kiss My A**’ Banner
Georgia business owner Ray Gaster last week made headlines for hoisting a banner that reads, “I built this business without gov’t help. Obama can Kiss my ass“ at one of his company’s three locations. The banner, as TheBlaze noted, is a response to President Obama’s infamous “You Didn’t Build That” speech.
“I started on my own,” the Vietnam veteran told FoxNews.com. “The government wasn’t there. We work long, hard hours and what he said is an insult to any businessman.”
After boldly challenging the president and sending a photo of his sign to 45 personal friends and business acquaintances, Gaster reached out to TheBlaze and other media outlets to clarify his position on the Obama administration and its treatment of small businesses.
“In my original message that went out to about 45 friends and business associates, I said that all businesses need to stand up and say, ‘NO, Mr. President you are wrong. I built this business.’ That message has not changed over the last week,” Gaster wrote TheBlaze in an email.
“If we are to be an economically strong America then we must stand together against the heavy hand of government interference. All of the economists tell us that for our economy to recover it will take small and independent businesses to expand,” he adds, “to hire more people and to spend more money.”
Of course, the president might disagree with Gaster and these economists. After all, according to the president, the “private sector is doing fine.” It’s the public sector that needs work.
“Small businesses are part of the SOLUTION, not the PROBLEM. Somehow Obama doesn’t understand this. When he derides us in such a way he deserves our ire and condemnation. It’s tough enough out there without the President stirring up his supporters at the expense of small business owners while he is campaigning by stating that WE did not build our businesses,” Gaster continues.
“No telling where those ideas will lead. That is why I drew the line after his comments. My business is my life,” he adds “and those that know me, know that no one, not even President Obama, will get away with disparaging my business and what I have built over the last 30 years.”
I am writing this message to you asking that we all stand together and send a clear message to the President, as well as others, that we are proud of the businesses we have built without government help.
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 470 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 424 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 383 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 113 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 211 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 142 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 109 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 129 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- JC Chandor gains a Cannes hit with 'All Is Lost'
- Britain braces for possible copycat attacks
- Jury in Arias case gives up after no consensus
- Syrian state media: Rebels attack prison in north
- I-5 bridge collapse survivor: 'You hold on'
- No guarantee of peace, NKorean envoy warns China
- German business confidence unexpectedly rebounds
- Syrian govt to take part in peace conference