Chilling Cell Phone Video Shows Violent Last Moments of Murdered Military Vet
An absolutely chilling cell phone video taken by an unidentified witness shows the final moments of a military veteran’s life, CBS Boston reports.
Stephen Perez, 22, who served two tours of duty in the Middle East with the U.S. Army as a sniper, was shot to death following a late-night brawl that erupted during a night out with friends in Boston’s Theater District last April.
The video shows a confrontation arising after a woman said something to Perez and his friends, kicking their car as they were trying to leave. Perez responded and said something back, which prompted an all-out brawl between two groups of people. The fight was brutal — several punches were thrown, many connected.
In the video, a man can later be seen retrieving a handgun from his waist, holding it steadily as he finds his target.
Perez’s cousin told CBS Boston that his family can barely stand to watch the video.
“You can hear the girl on the video saying, ‘He’s got a gun,’ and I just got choked up thinking, the next thing I’m going to see is him getting shot,” Mark Bruno said.
However, the video ends before the fatal shot that killed Perez rings out. Police say the shooter, identified as Peter Castillo, cowardly shot Perez in the back after he turned away.
“It’s the most cowardice thing I’ve ever seen in my life,” Boston police officer Marc Sullivan said on “America’s Most Wanted.”
Surveillance video from the parking garage shows the gunman seen in the cell phone footage fleeing the scene, still gripping his gun. Another man involved in the fight, wearing a blue shirt, was also caught on the surveillance camera running from the garage.
Police believe Castillo has fled to the Dominican Republic. The suspect previously lived in Salem, Mass.
“He’s going to be brought to justice whether they snatch him up out of the Dominican Republic or not,” Bruno added. “Everyone has their judgement day.”
The video first appeared on “America’s Most Wanted.” You can watch the “America’s Most Wanted” segment below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 586 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 519 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 387 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 317 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 269 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 150 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Granderson hurt as Yankees beat Rays 9-4
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins
- No shave for Johnson after Nats top Phillies 5-2
- Dead Pa. baby's dad believes in 'divine healing'