‘Utterly Poor Taste’: Jeb Bush Blasts Alan Grayson’s Interference in Republican Primary
By all appearances, Alan Grayson is desperate to get back into Congress. Having been unceremoniously tossed out of Congress in 2010 after running a campaign which many observers found to be crass and dishonest, Grayson apparently very much wants to bring his characteristic brand of bile back to the House of Representatives. In fact, so determined is he to do so that he has started actually running his own attack ads in the Republican primary for Florida’s 9th District (where Grayson is running), trying to put potentially threatening candidates out of the running before they even start really trying.
In this case, Grayson is running an ad against John Quinones, a Puerto Rican Florida state legislator agreed by many to have the best chance of holding down the very blue-leaning district if he wins the Republican primary. Grayson, of course, doesn’t want that to happen, since a competent opponent would make his job harder. As such, he is running ads against Quinones claiming that the latter tried to raise taxes. Grayson is even quoting former Florida Governor Jeb Bush in the ads.
Bush, however, doesn’t take kindly to this appropriation of his own views. He has publicly called on Grayson to keep his hands off the Republican race, saying this according to the Huffington Post:
“I encourage Mr. Grayson to take down his ads, stay out of the Republican primary and let the voters of Central Florida to choose their nominee without his help,” Bush said in a statement Friday. “There will be plenty of time for Mr. Grayson to defend his liberal tax-and-spend record in the fall.”[...]
“I find it in utterly poor taste that Alan Grayson would use my statements, misquoted and out of context, for political gain,” he said in his statement.
“Utterly poor taste.” Sounds like Alan Grayson.
It should be noted that Grayson’s tactic here could backfire. Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill tried something similar against one of her primary opponents, Rep. Todd Akin, only to have Akin cruise to the nomination because he was seen as the greatest threat to McCaskill. Granted, McCaskill’s ad accuses Akin of being “too conservative,” whereas Grayson’s accuses Quinones of being too willing to compromise conservative ideals on tax policy. However, sometimes having a Democratic nominee take aim at you is just what the doctor ordered for a struggling Republican campaign.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,037 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 437 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 158 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 227 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 110 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 101 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 134 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Sony mulls hedge fund's entertainment sale idea
- Under scrutiny, Va. gov's mansion a dichotomy
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- 7 Egyptian security men kidnapped in Sinai freed
- Garcetti builds growing lead as LA picks new mayor
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- 600 police photos of Tucson rampage scene released
- Chinese premier begins 2-day visit to Pakistan