Media Mogul Russell Simmons: Romney-Ryan Ticket Will ‘Destroy Our People’
Media mogul Russell Simmons, the co-founder of Def-Jam who is reportedly worth about $340 million, has made it clear that he is a staunch Democrat.
A proud supporter of the “Occupy” movement and the author of Super Rich: A Guide to Having It All, Simmons asked his supporters Saturday to vote for Obama to “stop the literal destruction of poor people in this country” by Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, Twitchy reported.
But that’s not all Simmons said.
He seemingly went on a tweeting spree, dividing Americans into a plethora of “identity” voting blocks before saying they should all vote for Barack Obama:
He added: “Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, the two men who will destroy our people…PLEASE RETWEET,” linking to an article he wrote on Global Grind.
He described the Romney-Ryan ticket in the article:
…Mitt Romney has made his campaign slogan loud and clear: EVERYTHING’S FOR SALE! And all of the money that is made on everything that is sold will be made on the backs of the poor and the working class. Take away social security, take away healthcare, privatize education, cut food assistance programs, outsource another war, eliminate services for women and then hide your money in off-shore accounts so we never know how much you made!
You are two men who will destroy our people and laugh all the way to the bank with your rich friends. I pray this will never happen.
Gateway Pundit interpreted the “our people” comment as being race-related, since Simmons clearly doesn’t fit into the “poor America” category he describes in his article.
“Obviously, Russell Simmons is not familiar with how Barack Obama’s policies have affected the black community,” Jim Hoft wrote.
A number of Twitter users responded with similar messages.
One added a new “identity” group of his own, asking Simmons: “What do you tell the young people who just graduated with college who cant find a job and have massive debt. obama?”
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 420 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 377 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 100 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 111 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 212 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 177 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 111 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- Senators warm to transportation nominee
- Judge seals affidavit of Maine man in teen's death
- Man who kidnapped 2 Iowa girls had long record
- HP's slumps deepens in 2Q as earnings fall 32 pct
- Faith healers charged with murder after 2nd death
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Polish man gets quick face transplant after injury
- Soldier charged with videotaping women