See Obama’s 6 Most ‘Outrageous Statements’ That Hannity Claims ‘Show the Real Obama’ & His ‘Frightening Vision for Our Country’
On Monday night, FOX News’ Sean Hannity spoke with guests Dinesh D’Souza, a popular conservative commentator and the president of King’s College — and network contributor Doug Schoen. President Barack Obama was the focus of the segment, with Hannity attempting to frame “the Real Obama.”
In exploring the president’s true ideals and intentions, the host highlighted six key moments that have been dismissed as gaffes — but that may very well tell Americans what Obama truly believes about a wide array of issues.
“In recent weeks, some outrageous statements from the president have been dismissed as mishaps of gaffes,” Hannity proclaimed, going on to say that, rather than being unfortunate mistakes, these statements are potentially rooted in Obama’s ideological structures.
Hannity went on to say that the segment would “expose this president’s frightening vision for our country and what would happen if we give him four more years.”
Here are quotes and descriptions of the six clips that capture Obama’s most “outrageous” statements:
1) “When you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.” – Barack Obama speaking in 2008 with Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher (also known as Joe the Plumber).
2) “The Cambridge Police acted stupidly.” – Obama speaking about the 2009 arrest of Henry Louis Gates Jr., a Harvard scholar (this inevitably led to the infamous “beer summit”).
3) “Shovel-ready was not as shovel-ready as we expected.” – The president speaking in 2011 in Durham, North Carolina, at Cree Inc. about the challenges surrounding the stimulus bill.
4) “This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.” – Obama caught on a “hot mic” while speaking to Russian President Dmitri Medvedev about the greater abilities he’ll have after a second election.
5) “The private sector’s doing fine.” - The president’s June 2012 claim that America’s private sector is progressing well, despite a continued high unemployment rate.
6) “There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.” – Obama’s now-infamous “you didn’t build that quip” from July 2012.
Watch the segment — and the clips — below:
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 473 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 464 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 368 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 329 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control Read More
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 183 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 107 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Iran's Rafsanjani blasts clerics, says report
- Kerry Kennedy, farmworker protest Wendy's in NYC
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season
- UK police: 2 more arrests linked to hacking death of British soldier in London.
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- Pritzker's ties to thrift, tax haven eyed
- Writer Chinua Achebe honored in Nigeria funeral
- Shareholder adviser firm paying $300,000 fine