See The Video That Moveon.Org Thinks Could Stop Mitt Romney Getting Elected
Back when Glenn Beck used to be on Fox News, liberals complained all the time that the host was using his platform to persuade Americans of insane conspiracy theories linking disconnected instances of Leftist maneuvering together into a massive network of malevolence. Beck, the charges went, was intentionally poisoning the minds of politically sympathetic listeners by drawing ever-more insane connections between political figures, all in the guise of educating his viewers, even going so far as to do it using an actual educational tool. Namely, a blackboard.
Beck, of course, wasn’t doing this. But it was fascinating all the same to watch the Left high-mindedly huff and puff that no one on their side would ever do something as silly as try to demonize ideological opponents using absurd caricatures and thin evidence all under the guise of education. Spouting silly conspiracy theories in front of a blackboard? Come on, who does that?
Well, Beck doesn’t. But apparently Moveon.org does, if this video put out by the site is any guide:
Yes, that’s right, Moveon.org thinks they’ve figured out the evil, secret Republican plan to take over the White House and destroy that noble apostle of the rights of the people, Barack Obama. According to Moveon.org, that plan has three prongs, and they are as folows:
1. Sabotage the economy and blame it on Obama
2. Use rich peoples’ money to spread lies about Obama
3. Suppress minority voters using Voter ID laws
And this, according to Moveon, is a plan that has been spread all across the GOP and has been the intention behind every piece of Republican legislation pretty much since the 2008 election. The idea that the GOP has a different governing philosophy or actually thinks its particular brand of fiscal medicine is the right one is completely lost on MoveOn. For them, pure, anti-Obama malevolence and lust for power must be what’s behind the GOP’s actions.
If they had rock solid evidence for this argument, it probably would keep Mitt Romney from winning the election. The problem is, they have the opposite of rock solid evidence. What they do have are a few, isolated quotes from Republican politicians, a heaping helping of innuendo and a suite of misleading figures. For instance, the video above claims that conservative organizations have outspent liberal ones. While this is technically true, it overlooks the fact that the Obama campaign is currently outspending the Romney campaign in most of the key states, and also the fact that not all money spent by conservative groups or liberal groups is going towards the Presidential campaign. Nuance, however, is no friend of Moveon.org.
Then there is the fact that Moveon.org can’t even get the basic facts right in the video. For instance, they refer to “Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell” in one of their scare quotes, as if to suggest that McConnell is actually in charge of the majority in the United States Senate. In fact, McConnell is the Senate Minority leader. Harry Reid is the Senate Majority leader. This is a small point, but an important one, since the fact that the Democrats still control one of the houses of Congress means they can’t be absolved of blame for Congress’ inaction. Moreover, unlike the mistake made by GOP Presidential nominee Mitt Romney in which Romney called Vice Presidential nominee Paul Ryan “the next President of the United States,” this mistake occurs in a scripted video, suggesting either that Moveon is unfamiliar with the concept of using multiple takes when an actor screws up his or her lines, or wrote this mistake into the script. And if they did write it into the script, that raises the question of whether they knew it was false or simply didn’t care.
Either way, there is no doubt that this video is not the video that will stop Mitt Romney from winning the White House. In fact, given the abject failure of its messaging, it may even help him by showcasing the desperation of Romney’s opponents.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 467 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 441 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 344 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 326 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 163 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 205 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 141 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 146 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 100 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Feds open special inspection into NC nuke plant
- IRS official Lerner: 'I did nothing wrong'
- Chinese premier visits Pakistan, praises ties
- Iran expands nuke technology
- Complaint accuses Exxon Mobil of anti-gay bias
- Douglas, Damon dramatize a steamy show-biz affair
- Germans, French eye plan to create jobs for young
- Polish man gets quick face transplant after injury