New Scathing Video Shows Former Military & Members of the Intel Community Uniting to Stop Leaks
A group of former Navy SEALs, members of Delta Force, the Marines, Army Special Forces and the intelligence community have joined together and are standing up, demanding that America’s political leaders immediately stop leaking sensitive military information.
This morning at 10am, the group known as the Special Operations OPSEC Education Fund (OPSEC) released a twenty-two minute film titled “Dishonorable Disclosures: How Leaks And Politics Threaten National Security.” Here is the promo reel for that movie.
In the documentary-style video, ten former members of the military and intelligence community (including one General) speak candidly and clearly on the importance of Operational Security or OPSEC. The film shows the men detailing their outrage over multiple leaks of sensitive and valuable information from this administration.
Their mission is one of education. OPSEC is a 501(c)(4) – a social welfare organization. They strive to teach the elected officials in Washington and the American people about the vital need to keep secret so much of the work being done by our military.
“Politics should never come before national security.”
According to the group, the biggest problems started on May 2nd of 2011 after the killing of Osama bin Laden. OPSEC maintains that the rush to announce the success of the raid on Bin Laden’s compound compromised the men involved, their families, and also diminished the value of the materials gathered during the mission.
“Tactics, techniques, and the location were revealed… we even knew the name of the dog on the raid.”
OPSEC also claims that just days after the raid, Hollywood was invited to the White House for a briefing on the mission. The former military men believe that officials told too much to the filmmakers, compromising ongoing and future missions by detailing just how our system works.
From the grandstanding on the death of bin Laden, to the leaked information that the U.S. and Israel worked together on the STUXNET virus that temporarily shut down Iran’s nuclear operations, OPSEC believes we have a serious problem that must be addressed now.
Starting in June, and following a spate of intelligence leaks out of Washington DC, considerable media attention was focused on this administration’s use of strategic and sensitive military intelligence for political gain.
On June 6th, Sen. Dianne Feinstein said:
“I have been on the Intelligence Committee for 11 years and I can tell you, I have never seen it worse than this.”
Senator John McCain accused the “highest levels of the White House” of leaking sensitive information that jeopardized years or intelligence work.
Of course the White House has denied any involvement in the leaks. The President himself made a strong denial on June 8th, saying that it was “offensive” and “wrong” to say that the White House was involved in the leaks.
Since the President’s public denial:
- Two special prosecutors were appointed by Attorney General Eric Holder.
- Mike Baker, a former CIA operative appeared on the Don Imus radio show to express his concerns and frustrations over the leaks.
And Senator Feinstein again made a statement that initially seemed a belief that the leaks came from someone at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Speaking at a forum in late July, Feinstein said that she “think[s] the White House has to understand that some of this is coming from their ranks.”
Although the Senator did state that she did not believe the leaks came from the President, she thought the White House was involved before she decided that they were not involved.
One member of OPSEC, Navy SEAL Benjamin Smith spoke with TheBlaze and stressed that this group is not “swift boating” anyone. Their mission is to educate the American people while reminding our elected officials of the crucial importance of protecting the vital military intelligence information we have gathered as well as the individuals (and their families) who have dedicated their lives to protecting and defending the United States of America. In fact, their official Mission Statement from the group’s website reads:
STOP the politicians, President Obama and others, from politically capitalizing on US national security operations and secrets!
EDUCATE the public on the importance and necessity of Operational Security in today’s environment.
To Do Nothing is not an option as that allows the special operations and intelligence capabilities to be degraded, and paraded around like a show dog…ACTION IS REQUIRED NOW!
“Dishonorable Disclosures” will be shown at events in key states across the country over the next several months, including Virginia, Florida, Ohio, Colorado, North Carolina and Nevada. We offer the full 22 minute film for your review.
Reuters is reporting that OPSEC has one million dollars at their disposal and is using their website to raise additional funds. OPSEC spokesman Chad Kolton told TheBlaze their funding was raised by anonymous donations to the 501-(c)(4) and they choose not to identify them.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 491 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 476 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 466 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 374 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 307 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 140 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 245 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 110 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 111 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Does CNN want to keep Piers Morgan around?
- Permit requirements shut down another kid’s lemonade stand — but it’s not what you think
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Sweden's riots raise questions about inequality
- Military calls UK attack victim a model soldier
- Wyden: FracFocus 'constructive' tool on drilling
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Obama: Policy in leaks investigations under review
- Israel to discuss military draft reform proposal
- NASA head views progress on asteroid lasso mission