Why Is This Baywatch Star & Former Playboy Playmate Searching for Noah’s Ark?
You probably didn’t expect to see a headline that included the words “Baywatch,” “Playboy” and “Noah’s Ark, ” but, alas, here we are. On Tuesday, TMZ reported that 44-year-old actress Donna D’Errico is recovering from some injuries she received while on an expedition to find Noah’s Ark in Turkey.
D’Errico put out some photos showing her wounds, which included cuts and bruises around her mouth and on her cheek. TMZ reports that she also had an injury on her leg. So far, it’s unclear how she fell and, for that matter, exactly what unfolded. Despite the pains, she vowed to continue her trek to discover one of the Old Testament’s most famous relics.
Following the release of the images, she tweeted, “Thank you for all the well wishes – I am fine – no broken bones – skin heals.”
Prior to announcing her injuries and releasing the photos, D’Errico also warned that she was in “serious danger” due to her proximity to the PKK, a Kurdistani terror group. Considering these challenges, it’s no wonder the actress is asking fans to pray for her. In a blog post published last Friday, she wrote:
Early this morning I was awakened by one of our Kurdish guides saying that we had to leave the mountain immediately because there was trouble with the PKK and the Turkish Military on the mountain and that we were in serious danger. Then I got a call from our main Kurdish guide saying to stay where we are and that there was no problem. The two guides spoke back and forth a while, then it was decided that we would stay for another couple hours here at our high camp, then go down to base camp, then tonight our main guide will meet us there. We are going to try to go to (***this section has been removed for Miss D’Errico’s safety***) to get a different view of (***this section has been removed for Miss D’Errico’s safety***). I think we should be ok. But please pray for us. I love you all. This is my dream.
While the trip is dangerous, D’Errico certainly isn’t the first person to take it. That being said, as she noted in her update last Friday, finding Noah’s Ark — or at least searching for it — has been a lifelong dream for the former Baywatch star. In a 2011 AOL News article, she described her aspirations in detail.
“This has been a dream of mine since I was 9 or 10,” she explained. I went to Catholic school and was fascinated by Noah’s ark. I would do class projects based on the ark.”
As she grew older, these dreams continued to evolve and she decided to one day climb Mount Ararat and search for Noah’s Ark. So, she set out on a path to mentally and physically prepare for the journey. Aside from swimming and running to make sure she was in shape for the climb, D’Errico also did an intensive exploration of the available data on the famed Ark.
“I’ve been studying this for years and know where the sightings have been. According to my research, the ark lays broken into at least two, but most likely three, pieces,” she explained. “I believe that one of those pieces is in the uppermost Ahora Gorge area, an extremely dangerous area to climb and explore.”
D’Errica made the final decision to take the trip after a near-death experience involving MRSA. Following her recovery, she decided that she needed to make good on the promise she made herself to go and investigate the Biblical tenet.
While some expenses associated with the trip were purportedly donated, the actress also has an Indiegogo account setup, where’s she’s raising funds for the production of a documentary about Donald MacKenzie, a man who went missing on the mountain two years ago.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 804 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 240 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 237 Comments
- Report: Obama Administration Apologizes for Another National Security Leak 214 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 135 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 169 Comments
- John Kerry Reportedly Had a Breakfast Meeting With Father of Gaza Flotilla ‘Martyr’ Last Week — and There’s Apparently Picture Evidence 139 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 178 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner