Wild Video Shows 83-Year-Old Protester Spitting in Romney Supporter’s Face
A video posted by the Appleton Post-Crescent shows an anti-Romney protester spitting in the face of an audience member during an appearance by state Sen. Alberta Darling (R-River Hills) on Friday.
In the video, Darling is speaking to the audience when a female protester disrupts the “Wisconsin Women for Mitt” event and tries to ask a question: “Why are you against Planned Parenthood?”
When another woman asks the protester to hold her question, the protester says, “Get out of my face” and spits in hers.
The anti-Romney woman was quickly reminded that the event was on private property and was escorted out. The entire audience gave her an enthusiastic — and sarcastic — “bye!” and waved as she exited the room. However, the protester continued to speak her mind, so the attendees of the event drowned her out with chants of “Romney! Romney! Romney!”
Grand Chute police are reviewing the altercation for potential charges, the Appleton Post-Crescent reports. The protester has been identified by the Post as 83-year-old Mary Hoglund.
“This is a private business and we invited a small group of clients and friends,” said Chris Hanson, owner of Hanson Benefits where the event was held. “Whatever happened to grace and mercy in politics? This isn’t a town hall meeting.”
More from the Journal Sentinel:
The protester reportedly complained that she had been scratched.
In a phone interview, Darling said she was speaking when the woman, identified by the Post-Crescent as Mary Hoglund, interrupted.
“She was just so rude and disrespectful,” Darling said.
Darling said she told the woman she should leave the meeting. “She resisted,’ Darling said.
Town of Grand Chute police were called. Greg Peterson, chief of police for the Town of Grand Chute, said he was looking into the incident.
Asked if she thought the protester should be charged, Darling said that would be up to the police.
Darling said people seemed generally “energized and enthusiastic” about the Romney-Ryan ticket, but added that it was unfortunate that the event was disrupted by such unruly behavior.
Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch also reportedly attended the meeting.
This story has been updated with new information.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 584 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 519 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 387 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 315 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 268 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 150 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Granderson hurt as Yankees beat Rays 9-4
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins
- No shave for Johnson after Nats top Phillies 5-2
- Dead Pa. baby's dad believes in 'divine healing'