Red Lobster Waitress Reportedly Attacked for Refilling Water Glasses Too Often
Police say a waitress was attacked at a Red Lobster restaurant in Illinois on Friday — the second such customer-on-server assault at the location in seven months.
The latest incident at the Fairview Heights, Ill. restaurant happened at about 2:15 p.m. Friday afternoon, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. Police said the waitress had water thrown on her and was hit repeatedly by either open hands or menus. Three suspects were taken into custody.
Police told the newspaper the motive for the attack was unknown, but a witness to the incident told KMOV-TV it started when the three female customers were unhappy that the server kept refilling their water glasses.
The witness said that as the waitress walked away, one of the customers threw a water glass at her, striking her in the back of the head. When the victim turned around, the witness said the customer picked up a menu and hit her in the face with it.
According to KMOV, restaurant workers and customers kept the suspects from leaving until police arrived. Paramedics treated the waitress at the scene before she went back to work.
A similar incident occurred at the same restaurant in December when four customers attacked a waitress for bringing the wrong drink order, police said. There was no indication the two incidents were related, the Post-Dispatch reported.
A Red Lobster spokesperson told the newspaper the incident was “unfortunate” and said “the safety of our employees and guests is our highest priority.”
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 998 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 437 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 392 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 293 Comments
- ‘Arrogance…Abuse of Power…Rotten to the Core’: Paul Ryan Steamed Over IRS, Benghazi 198 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 158 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 186 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 102 Comments
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Experienced Heat, upstart Pacers ready to go
- Key senator to let Myanmar sanctions bill lapse
- Arias asks jury to give her life in prison
- Sorrentino, Bruni Tedeschi bring Italy to Cannes
- Correction: Missing Mom-Utah story
- Gay Fla. teen charged for underage girlfriend
- Car bomb, other attacks kill 20 in Iraq
- Top figures barred from Iran's June ballot