Al Roker Has Been Acting a Little Odd on ‘Today’ — Have You Seen the Latest Clips of Him?
Ever since NBC’s “Today” has undergone a plethora of drama and been unseated as top morning show by “Good Morning America,” things have been a little off over at studio 1A in Rockefeller Center. A prime example: Al Roker’s strange behavior last week.
Last Thursday, a clip surfaced of Roker seemingly calling out fellow host Matt Lauer for Lauer’s apparent behind-the-scenes griping about now-booted co-host Ann Curry. During an interview with a gold medal-winning U.S. Olympic rowing team, Lauer made a comment about being thrown into the Hudson River. That’s when Roker made what seems like a backhanded remark, saying that usually around “Today” people throw each other under the bus:
But he wasn’t done there. That same day, Roker had an odd moment that featured him staring blankly into the camera for several seconds as his co-hosts continued talking. That clip has just started making the rounds:
According to the timestamps on the videos, the second clip actually happened first at about 8 am ET, with the other following at about 8:33 am ET.
For what it’s worth, NBC is denying any bad blood between Roker and Lauer. In fact, the network even counted the times being “thrown under the bus” has been mentioned in the last two years and come up with a number: 27.
As for the blank stare, some have dubbed him “RoboRoker,” while others have speculated the strange behavior is all part of a ratings stunt to drum up interest and sneak ahead of “Good Morning America” once again.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 999 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 438 Comments
- ‘Arrogance…Abuse of Power…Rotten to the Core’: Paul Ryan Steamed Over IRS, Benghazi 198 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 161 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 193 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 102 Comments
- Experienced Heat, upstart Pacers ready to go
- Key senator to let Myanmar sanctions bill lapse
- Arias asks jury to give her life in prison
- Sorrentino, Bruni Tedeschi bring Italy to Cannes
- Correction: Missing Mom-Utah story
- Gay Fla. teen charged for underage girlfriend
- Car bomb, other attacks kill 20 in Iraq
- Top figures barred from Iran's June ballot