Florida Man Has Loaded Gun Stolen From His Car, Only to Have It Returned With a Disturbing Message
A Florida man says he will no longer carry a loaded gun in his car after a disturbing incident at his Port St. Lucie home. Someone apparently wanted to teach him a lesson in gun safety.
Mike Maisonnueve told local police that his gun, bullets and a knife were stolen from his unlocked vehicle parked in his driveway, WPBF reports. After realizing his car had been broken into, he started making his way back into his house when he noticed a bag next to the front door, with words scribbled on either side.
One message read: “LOADED GUN unlocked car = STUPID!!”
On the other side: “LOTS of children in the area.”
Inside the bag were Maisonneuve’s gun and knife, but missing were the bullets.
”I learned a lesson, a valid lesson” Maisonneuve told WBPF. “I should not carry a loaded firearm in my car.”
“My mind’s been other places the last week or so. I thought I locked my car. Apparently I didn’t,” he added.
While the person who pulled the stunt may have gotten his or her point across, police are currently looking for the suspect who removed and gun, ammunition and knife from the vehicle. The suspect could face charges of armed burglary.
According to a Florida criminal defense attorney’s website, “It is a burglary to enter both a conveyance and a part of a dwelling any kind, including the attached porch even if it’s a temporary; that is a non-permanent structure. It can include mobile homes which have a roof over it and are designed to be occupied by people at night, it always includes the land and property the dwelling sits on. The burglary statute in Florida defines a conveyance as any motor vehicle, vessel, railroad car or ships, trailer, aircraft or sleeping car.”
“If you enter an automobile with the purpose of stealing something inside you committed burglary of a conveyance: a first-degree felony.”
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 470 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 442 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 360 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 329 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 269 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 179 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 142 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 102 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- House panel moves to curb military sexual assaults
- AP source: Obama on Sunday to visit Oklahoma town devastated by monstrous tornado
- 'Boom Town Baby': African stock markets see gains
- First lady lauds effort to preserve DC slave house
- Attorney: Donald Trump lied on stand
- House takes up GOP bill to speed pipeline approval
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Congo fighting persists as UN chief arrives