‘American Bible Challenge’ Debuts as GSN’s No. 1 Show of All Time
Last week, TheBlaze gave you a behind-the-scenes look at Jeff Foxworthy’s “American Bible Challenge” television show on GSN (formerly Game Show Network).
On Thursday, the much-anticipated program premiered — and with great fanfare. While there was initial speculation surrounding whether “American Bible Challenge” would be a major success or a monumental failure, the network said on Friday that the show debuted as GSN’s number one program of all time.
GSN announced in a press release that the premiere episode of “American Bible Challenge” brought in 2.3 million total viewers for the night — the largest in its 17-year history. The show was so popular that it outperformed GSN’s previous record holder by over a half a million viewers.
America, a heavily-Christian nation, is clearly friendly to Bible-based content. This very well may be what drove the show’s initial success. Mixing the world’s most popular book with a game show format — and adding in Foxworthy as a host — has, thus far, proven a recipe for success.
“The best-selling book of all time is now GSN’s most viewed program of all time, which proves that consumers are yearning for fun, family-friendly entertainment,” proclaimed Amy Introcaso-Davis, executive vice-president of Programming and Development at GSN.
“We are incredibly proud of this show and are happy that it connected with so many viewers,” she added in the official release announcing the network’s numbers.
For more information about the show, visit the official “American Bible Challenge” web site.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 515 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 461 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 446 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 325 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 257 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Pakistan arrested American who was killed by drone
- Stricken Japan nuke plant struggles to keep staff
- UN chief arrives in Goma, Congo
- Report: Rafsanjani blasts Iran's rulers
- UK emergency committee meets after attack
- Simultaneous car bomb attacks in Niger
- Man shot by FBI had spoken with bombing suspect
- Father of Afghanistan cricket captain abducted