Here’s the Speech by a Utah Mayor at the RNC That Has Everyone Talking
Mia Love, mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah and GOP candidate for U.S. Congress, outperformed expectations in her speech at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday, blasting President Obama for his “failed” policies and explaining why he isn’t the right candidate to protect the “American dream.”
She is hoping to become the first black GOP congresswoman, Fox News reports. Love is also a first-generation Haitian-American and a Mormon.
“Let me tell you about the America I know,” Love said. “My parents immigrated to this country with $10 in their pockets and the hope that the America they heard about really did exist.”
She explained that she was ingrained with a sense of personal responsibility at an early age by her parents, who taught her that great things can be achieved with hard work in America. That was the American dream, they told her.
“The America I now is grounded in the determination found in patriots and pioneers,” she continued. “It’s found in the Olympic athletes and every child who looks at the impossible and says, ‘I can do that.’ That’s the America I know.”
On President Obama, she said “his policies have failed us. We’re not better off than we were four years ago. And no rhetoric, bumper sticker or Hollywood campaign ad can change that.” At this line, the crowd erupted with applause.
Then she spoke directly to Obama: “Mr. President, I’m here to tell you the American people are awake and we’re not buying what you’re selling in 2012,” Love said to more applause.
“This is the America we know because we built it,” said Love.
Watch the entire speech below via Mediaite/C-SPAN:
After her success at the RNC Tuesday, Mia Love’s Wikipedia page was reportedly edited to call her a “dirty, worthless wh*re” and a “house ni**er.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 470 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 422 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 376 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 110 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 208 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 142 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 105 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 129 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Police: Suicidal jumper's fall kills SKorean girl
- I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river, injuring 3
- Oil falls below $94 on weak outlook for demand
- 5 climbers feared dead on world's 3rd highest peak
- Asia stocks extend losses after big sell-off
- 5 climbers missing on world's 3rd highest mountain
- Quick's LA Kings put Sharks on brink with 3-0 win
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash