Daily Mail Uncovers Paul Ryan’s Black Ex-Girlfriend
Many on the Left have described the Romney-Ryan ticket as essentially a cynical team, prepared to exploit any and all racial tension to achieve election to the highest office in the land.
They apparently know next to nothing about the history of at least half of that ticket.
Republican Vice Presidential nominee Paul Ryan, whose speech to the Republican National Convention recently electrified the country, and whose budget plan for entitlements can send otherwise sensible liberals into fits of rage, actually has quite a personal history with racism — not against Ryan himself, but against someone he was very close to. You see, while he was in college at Miami University in Ohio, Ryan had a romantic relationship with one of the star cheerleaders for Miami University’s Redhawks team – a driven, fitness-obsessed young woman (not unlike him) named Deneeta Pope.
As you can probably tell from the picture, Ms. Pope herself was African-American. And to hear Ryan tell it, this prompted some ugly comments from people he thought of as his “friends.”
“I just experienced some ugly comments, some racist views from people who I thought were friends of mine,” Ryan told Milwaukee Magazine.
The relationship between the two lasted five years and eventually died when Ryan moved to Washington, DC. Ms. Pope, now a registered Democrat in her 40s, is now married to Michael Thompson, an IT specialist and President of a court reporter company. She has apparently endured a more turbulent love life than Ryan himself, according to the Daily Mail:
While Ryan went on to marry his Janna, Pope’s love-life has been less settled.
She married Mark Niedzielski in 2004 but the couple split after four years. Niedzielski, told MailOnline: ‘She’s a great person, really nice, our marriage broke up because we just grew apart.’
Pope married her second husband Michael Thompson, 44, three months ago. He is an IT specialist and is president of Thompson Court Reporters, a Chicago-based firm that supplies online legal information nationwide.
The newlyweds live in the Lincoln Park home that Pope bought and is situated on a leafy street in the affluent suburb.
A neighbour who asked not to be named, said, “They’re a pleasant couple and this is a great neighbourhood. Whenever I seen them, they look happy.”
Today, Pope is a realtor for @Properties in Chicago and also has her own property portfolio. Two years ago, she bought a $1.05 million four-bedroom 4.5-bath condominium in the Lincoln Park area of the city.
Thompson declined to discuss his wife’s previous relationship with Ryan. ‘She really does not want to talk about any of this,’ Thompson told MailOnline.
No doubt, uncharitable readers will see this as evidence that something ugly happened in the relationship. However, Ms. Pope apparently harbors no ill-will towards Ryan. The Daily Mail’s story suggests that she has actively shown an interest in reconnecting with him as a friend, since his political career began to take off.
Sadly, no pictures survive of Deneeta Pope and Paul Ryan together.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 469 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 442 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 359 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 329 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 269 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 178 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 142 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 102 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- House panel moves to curb military sexual assaults
- AP source: Obama on Sunday to visit Oklahoma town devastated by monstrous tornado
- 'Boom Town Baby': African stock markets see gains
- First lady lauds effort to preserve DC slave house
- Attorney: Donald Trump lied on stand
- House takes up GOP bill to speed pipeline approval
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Congo fighting persists as UN chief arrives