Man With Concealed Handgun License Stops Vicious Stabbing Outside Texas School
A man with a concealed handgun license was able to stop a brutal stabbing that took place outside of a school in San Antonio, Texas.
The attack occurred at around 10 a.m. Tuesday outside of the Bonham Academy, WOAI reports. Teresa Barron, 38, had just dropped her child off at school when the kid’s dad showed up, prompting a heated argument. The child’s dad, identified as Roberto Barron allegedly pulled a knife and began stabbing Teresa in the upper body and neck several times.
After witnessing the assault, a quick-thinking bystander with a concealed handgun license drew his gun and ordered Roberto Barron to drop the knife. The father complied and surrendered and was taken into custody by the good Samaritan and a school district officer.
WOAI has more details:
According to court documents, Teresa Barron filed for divorce from her husband Roberto back on August 22nd. The documents also showed Barron filed for a temporary restraining order. A hearing was scheduled for this Friday, August 31st, but Tuesdays incident changed everything.
Police said Barron stabbed his wife several times after an argument outside the school their daughter attended.
“We are all real saddened about the situation, and we were all very hurt to find out what had happened, “a Bonham Academy parent said.
Teresa Barron was in critical condition Wednesday morning at the San Antonio Military Medical Center. Meanwhile, Roberto sits in a jail cell on a $300,000 bond — increased from $150,000 — and is charged with aggravated assault. According to court records, the couple has been married since 1994.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,037 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 437 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 157 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 227 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 110 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 101 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 134 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Sony mulls hedge fund's entertainment sale idea
- Under scrutiny, Va. gov's mansion a dichotomy
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- 7 Egyptian security men kidnapped in Sinai freed
- Garcetti builds growing lead as LA picks new mayor
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- 600 police photos of Tucson rampage scene released
- Chinese premier begins 2-day visit to Pakistan