‘Off His Medications’: Rep. West Takes Chris Matthews to Task for Wild Chicago Theory
Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) on Thursday weighed in on MSNBC host Chris Matthews’ recent claim that mentioning Chicago when discussing President Obama is kinda’-sorta’ racist.
“I don’t think there’s anything you can say,” the congressman told Townhall.com’s Katie Pavlich.
“I don’t know if he has gotten off of his medications. I don’t know if the guy has just gone off the rails. You know, if I can’t say the word Chicago … I mean, what? I can’t say Atlanta? I can’t say Dallas? What next? Philadelphia?” Rep. West asked.
Well, based on Matthews’ line of reasoning (or lack thereof), why not?
“You know,” the congressman continued, “we went through this in 2008 when you couldn’t even say the president’s middle name. Then, all of a sudden when he gets inaugurated, I guess we got the permission to say his middle name.”
“If [President Obama] wins again, maybe Chris Matthews will give us the permission to say Chicago again. This is insidious and it just shows the desperation and the fear on the other side,” he added.
Here’s the original claim made by Matthews:
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
- Matthews and Guest on GOP Racism: They‘ve Been Saying ’Chicago’ a Lot — And ‘There’s a Lot of Black People’ There
- Rush Limbaugh Berates MSNBC: An Obama ‘Super PAC’ That Has Decided ‘No Matter What, It’s Racist’
- MSNBC Host Actually Says Talking About Obama Golfing Is Racist Attempt to Link Him to Tiger Woods & Sex
Front page photo source courtesy the AP.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 557 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 509 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 483 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 340 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 333 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 242 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 237 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 141 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Yankees' Teixeira to play in minors on Wednesday
- Actress Bynes accused of bong toss out NYC window
- Bayern faces Dortmund in Champions League final
- Calif. plastic ocean debris bill dies in committee
- 18 hurt in shuttle bus crash near Atlanta airport
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Barrick fined $16m for Pascua-Lama violations