‘Off His Medications’: Rep. West Takes Chris Matthews to Task for Wild Chicago Theory
Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) on Thursday weighed in on MSNBC host Chris Matthews’ recent claim that mentioning Chicago when discussing President Obama is kinda’-sorta’ racist.
“I don’t think there’s anything you can say,” the congressman told Townhall.com’s Katie Pavlich.
“I don’t know if he has gotten off of his medications. I don’t know if the guy has just gone off the rails. You know, if I can’t say the word Chicago … I mean, what? I can’t say Atlanta? I can’t say Dallas? What next? Philadelphia?” Rep. West asked.
Well, based on Matthews’ line of reasoning (or lack thereof), why not?
“You know,” the congressman continued, “we went through this in 2008 when you couldn’t even say the president’s middle name. Then, all of a sudden when he gets inaugurated, I guess we got the permission to say his middle name.”
“If [President Obama] wins again, maybe Chris Matthews will give us the permission to say Chicago again. This is insidious and it just shows the desperation and the fear on the other side,” he added.
Here’s the original claim made by Matthews:
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
- Matthews and Guest on GOP Racism: They‘ve Been Saying ’Chicago’ a Lot — And ‘There’s a Lot of Black People’ There
- Rush Limbaugh Berates MSNBC: An Obama ‘Super PAC’ That Has Decided ‘No Matter What, It’s Racist’
- MSNBC Host Actually Says Talking About Obama Golfing Is Racist Attempt to Link Him to Tiger Woods & Sex
Front page photo source courtesy the AP.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 470 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 425 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 387 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 115 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 211 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 142 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 109 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- 'No guarantee of peace,' NKorean envoy warns China
- Brewers team up on beer to help military families
- 5.7-magnitude quake widely felt across N. Calif.
- I-5 bridge collapse survivor: 'You hold on'
- Report: France backs off caps on CEO pay
- World stocks erratic a day after big sell-off
- Berlusconi looms large in Rome mayor election
- Czech police say US suspect in 4 murders arrested