RNC Protester Shows Up Waving a Pair of Underwear to Slam Romney’s Faith
On Wednesday, blogger and vlogger Fabian Calvo caught up with the “Bible Believers,” a group of controversial Christians who have distinguished themselves for their protests against Islam, among other subjects.
But this week, the troop has apparently turned its attention to the Republican National Convention (RNC), where its members are taking a stand against presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints religious adherence.
Calvo caught up with Ruben Israel, one of the faith leaders who founded the controversial group. As the clip unfolds, Israel can be heard saying, ”As a right-wing conservative myself, you’ve offended me,” in response to party adherents who are willingly embracing Romney as the nominee. It is the candidate’s faith that is at the center of the protester’s angst.
Here’s a portion of the transcript from Israel’s controversial comments to Calvo:
“Unfortunately, I am a right wing conservative and I have issues with our party saying that this man is going to represent us. I think he’s a fantastic business man. I think he’s got morality. But when it comes to religion, this is what Mormons wear [Israel holds up Mormon temple undergarments]. And so, I’m waving the dirty laundry of the Mormon church. And you cannot separate a man’s religion from who he is. It’s like saying he’s not a Republican…can we trust somebody who’s going to get in a pickle, that’s going to pray to a God who told him to wear this [again referring to the undergarments]…we find nowhere in the Bible where we’re supposed to wear this stuff.”
Calvo went on to ask Israel about Glenn Beck’s faith as well. Interestingly, the protester avoided delving into commentary about Beck, although he did dub him “a converted Mormon.” Instead, he turned to radio host Rush Limbaugh, whom he said “has no Christianity,” citing his multiple marriages as purported evidence (Limbaugh isn’t a Mormon).
Watch the video, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 432 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 412 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 359 Comments
- City Removes Christian Crosses on Water Tower and Replaces Them With Flags Amid Church vs. State Debate Read More
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? Read More
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 121 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 211 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 111 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Zimbabwe activist: Prisoners denied Aids drugs
- Pakistan: US diplomat kills pedestrian in accident
- Niger government: No hostages in Agadez
- Top Swiss negotiator in tax disputes steps down
- Obama's speech welcomed in Pakistan, Yemen
- Gov. Christie boosts Jersey shore on 'Today'
- Russia: Syrian regime may take part in peace talks
- Takei says Cho good choice for latest 'Star Trek'