Chuck Norris + Reagan Quote + Obama and ’1,000 Years of Darkness’ — Need We Say More?
To be fair, the video does seem rather stilted for one of the country’s most well-known movie stars, but that is not why Norris’ video is making news.
In it, Norris and his wife Gena quote Ronald Reagan’s “freedom is never more than one generation from extinction” speech, which continues to say that, should America slip away from freedom, our children will “take the first step into a thousand years of darkness.”
Coupled with the plea to vote out Barack Obama and the warning that our country “may be lost forever” if we don’t change tracks, the implication is clear– re-electing Barack Obama could lead to the next dark age.
Watch the video, via YouTube, below:
The couple explains, taking turns roughly every paragraph:
Chuck: We are here to talk about a growing concern we all share. If we look to history, our great country and freedom are under attack. We’re at a tipping point and, quite possibly, our country as we know it may be lost forever if we don’t change the course our country is headed.
Gena: With our country at a crossroads, Chuck and I have asked ourselves what we can be doing to help support this great country we’re blessed to live in, and how we can encourage our like-minded American brothers to unite and let their voices be heard. It is estimated that in the 2008 election, 30 million evangelical Christians stayed home on voting day, and Obama won the election by 10 million votes.
Chuck: We know you love your family and your freedom as much as Gena and I do. And it is because of that, we can no longer sit quietly or stand on the sidelines and watch our country go the way of socialism, or something much worse…As Edmund Burke said, ‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing.’ [Emphasis added]
The two then read part of Ronald Reagan’s speech– including the “thousand years of darkness” warning– with Gena concluding: “If we fail, at least let our children and our children’s children say of us, we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.”
“Please stand with us,” Chuck asks viewers in closing. “Let’s unite for God and country, and may God continue to bless the United States of America. See you at the polls…”
What did you think? Too dramatic, or appropriate for the times?
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 465 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 323 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 270 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 256 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 103 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 195 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 130 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 105 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 142 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Syrian opposition urges rebels to join key battle
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel
- Redford swept away in shipwreck saga 'All is Lost'
- UK, Denmark eyes visas for Afghan interpreters
- Official: Treasury played no role in IRS targeting
- Stocks edge higher as investors watch the Fed
- Richard Carrion declares IOC presidential bid