Report: Bill Clinton Aide Voting for Romney to Help ‘Propel’ Hillary ‘Toward the Oval Office’ in 2016
It’s the week of the Democratic National Convention, so news of a prominent liberal figure planning to cast a vote for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney would naturally deliver a stinging blow to the Obama camp. But, this is apparently what may be unfolding as part of a behind-closed-doors plot to boost Hillary Clinton’s political power. According to reports, Douglas Band, a prominent Bill Clinton aide, is planning to support Romney in November.
POLITICO notes that the surprising action is allegedly being taken in an apparent move “to strengthen Hillary Clinton’s position in the Democratic Party.” In an article for The New Yorker, Ryan Lizza writes about this purported situation:
For Clinton, the politics are more complicated. His associates take it as a given that he would like nothing more than to see his wife become President. Hillary Clinton will step down as Secretary of State after the campaign and begin the process of deciding whether she will run in 2016. By some measures, a defeat for Obama in November would leave Hillary the undisputed leader of her party and propel her toward the Oval Office that much faster. At least one of Clinton’s closest advisers seems to be backing that strategy. According to two people with direct knowledge, Douglas Band has said that he will vote for Romney. Band declined to comment.
If true, this would be immensely noteworthy, particularly because Band has been a longtime Clinton confidant. He advised Bill Clinton for years and played a key role, as POLITICO notes, in the formation and management of the former president’s Clinton Global Initiative.
In the end, one might assume that, if this strategy is in place, it extends beyond Band and is being undertaken by other prominent Democrats as well. Of course, this is merely conjecture, but, considering the revelations presented in Edward Klein’s book about Obama entitled, “Amateur,” it’s worth noting.
As TheBlaze reported earlier this year, prior to the current presidential campaign, Clinton allegedly urged his wife to quit her job and challenge Obama for president in 2012. In the book, Klein quotes conversations Clinton apparently had with his wife.
“Barack Obama,” Bill said, according to book excerpts obtained by the New York Post, “is an amateur.” Bill told Hillary in another excerpt, “The economy’s a mess, it’s dead flat. America has lost its Triple-A rating … . You know better than Obama does.”
While the situation seems to be improving between Bill Clinton and Obama, any truth behind these allegations would naturally hamper relations.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 494 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 456 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 443 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 334 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 322 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 165 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 114 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- Britain braces for possible copycat attacks
- Truck in Wash. span collapse hauled drilling equip
- Cyclist tests positive for EPO, risks life ban
- 18 hurt in shuttle bus crash near Atlanta airport
- US: Czech slaying suspect killed relatives
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to China's president
- China, Switzerland to seal free trade deal
- Defending champ Keselowski tries to build on title