Allen West Blasts Dem Platform Flap in New Campaign Ad: ‘Three Times They Said No to God’
Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) released a new scathing campaign ad Thursday, slamming Democrats for striking all mentions of “God” from their official platform during the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte this week. The ad features footage of DNC delegates enthusiastically voting not to include “God” in the 2012 Democratic platform.
“Three times they said no to God,” the ad states.
The ad begins with former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland saying, “I am here to attest and affirm that our faith and belief in God is central to the American story and informs the values we’ve expressed in our party’s platform.”
The shot then cuts to Los Angeles Mayor and 2012 DNC chair Antonio Villaraigosa, who tells “all the delegates opposed” to the measure to say “no”.
A large portion of the delegates can be heard screaming, “No!”
“Let me do that again,” Villaraigosa says. “All those delegates opposed, say no.”
“No!” the crowd screams, even louder than the first time, waving their arms in protest.
Then, looking a little surprised, the Los Angeles mayor asks for one final vote. The delegation again hollered “No!” just as noisy as before, some rising out of their seats to add extra emphasis. Despite the divided vote, Democrats reinstated language from the 2008 platform that said: “we need a government that stands up for the hopes, values and interests of working people and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential.” The party also reinstated wording that mentions Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
“It’s embarrassing, it’s stupid,” Democratic strategist Paul Begala says in the video, followed by various shots of political pundits condemning the vote.
“Are those your values?” the ad asks.
Watch the entire ad here:
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,035 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 436 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 310 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 251 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 142 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 224 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 104 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Asia stocks rise as Fed official backs easy policy
- Sharks tie series with 2-1 win over Kings
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- North Korea sends leader's special envoy to China
- Early vote points to close race as LA picks mayor
- Pakistani cricket star politician leaves hospital
- Ai Weiwei uses music to mock state power in China
- Egypt TV: 7 security men kidnapped in Sinai freed