Is This the Bravest or Dumbest Photographer You’ve Ever Seen?
Drift racing is a motorsport in which the drivers are forced to skid the rear end their car sideways to make a turn. You may have actually drifted yourself, inadvertently, during wet road conditions. It was scary though, right?
Suffice to say, being a drift racing spectator in Poland looks dangerous too, but even more so for a photographer who was hoping to capture the oncoming action and stepped a touch too far onto the track.
At the DMP Touge Drift Karpacz event at the Polish Drift Championship, the vehicles can be seen drifting down the course and right toward a photographer who had hopped the meager barrier separating onlookers and the speeding cars.
Jalopnik points to a picture by driver Paul Trela, who had his Go Pro camera running and captured a head on shot of what he saw as he was drifting around the turn.
One his Facebook page, Trela wrote of the incident (translated via Google translate):
“Here’s how irresponsible people can be! This is the view from my go pro in training stint with the loaves. If not for hand in good time that the engine was not my biggest problem today. Embarrassing lack of imagination!”
There is even video of the photographer. You can see him in this clip — barely — between the two cars around 0:08 and from a different angle more clearly later in the footage. He seems pretty calm with what he’s doing though, standing up and walking off the track after the vehicles pass:
Here’s a shot of the scene shot from higher up:
This story has been updated since it’s original posting.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 443 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 398 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 346 Comments
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 316 Comments
- This Could Be the Most Haunting Statistic You’ll Ever See 272 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 167 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 102 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich 104 Comments
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 121 Comments
- ‘My Life Is Full of Blessings’: Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim Who Lost All Limbs Smiles as She Shows Off New Bionic Hands Read More
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California 128 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- QB Golson no longer enrolled at Notre Dame
- Search for pilot in deadly NY Angel Flight ongoing
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto
- Blackhawks beat Red Wings 4-1 to stay alive
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; 200-plus rescued
- Umpire expresses regret on botched call
- Ore. teen accused of planning to attack school
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued