Krauthammer Hammers Obama: ‘One of the Emptiest Speeches I Have Ever Heard on a National Stage’
Fox News contributor and syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer had some harsh words for President Obama’s DNC finale speech Thursday, calling it “one of the emptiest speeches” ever given by a presidential nominee.
“I was stunned,” he said. “This is a man who gave one of the great speeches of our time in 2004. And he gave one of the emptiest speeches I have ever heard on a national stage.”
Krauthammer admitted that Obama delivered the speech well, as he always does, but said there was no substance in the address given to thousands at Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, N.C. at the Democratic convention.
“Yes, it had cadence. And yes there were deceptions in it. That’s not what’s striking about it,” he said. “There was nothing in it.”
He continued: “This is a man who believes that government can and should do a lot. There’s nothing in here that tells us how he is going to go from today to tomorrow. And what government is going to do, what’s he going to enact? At least Romney had a five-point plan.”
Krauthammer reiterated his view that Obama merely presented a personal “vision” of the America he would like to see in the next four years without providing a plan of how to get there.
“I have a vision of America where there is no disease and everyone has a private airplane, but unless I tell you how to get there, I’ve said nothing,” he added. “I am simply amazed — this is a guy who is the A student in the class who turns in a paper that is clearly a C.”
Additionally, Vice President Joe Biden’s speech at the DNC was “infinitely better” than the president’s, Krauthammer said, adding, “The Obama speech I thought was flat and had no content in it. Otherwise I loved it really.”
Watch the entire segment via Fox News here:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 846 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 279 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 242 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 240 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 166 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 180 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 183 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- Sprint to listen to Dish offer
- Does France have right plan to revive its economy?
- Charismatic Las Vegas mob lawyer mayor pens memoir
- Oil price falls toward $96 per barrel
- Housing recovery gives boost to Home Depot 1Q
- Tunisia announces 3 cases of coronavirus, 1 death
- More attacks across Iraq kill 7 people
- Syria, Israel exchange fire over border