Limbaugh Predicts Total Economic Collapse in U.S. if President Obama Re-Elected
Conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh on Monday said that a second term for President Barack Obama would lead to the collapse of the the U.S economy.
“We’re spending a trillion dollars we don’t have on welfare. It’s not that we’re taxing producers and redistributing the money. We’re borrowing it; we’re printing it. We don’t have it! Over a trillion dollars a year,” Limbaugh said.
“There’s been $5.5 trillion added to the national debt in 3-1/2 years by this president. There just isn’t the money for this. At some point (and it’s sooner rather than later) there will be a collapse,” he added.
And in regards to the amount added to the national debt: he’s not exaggerating. That’s the actual amount that has been added since 2009.
“If Obama’s re-elected, it will happen. There’s no ‘if’ about this. It’s going be ugly, it’s going be gut wrenching, but it will happen. The country’s economy is going to collapse if Obama is re-elected. I don’t know how long — a year and a half, two years, three years,” Limbaugh said.
“California’s going to declare bankruptcy, and you know what Obama will do?” Limbaugh asked. “He’ll go to states like Texas or Arizona or Florida to bail ‘em out. That’s what he’ll do, and that’s going to precipitate this stuff.”
“[E]verything that is happening in California is slated to happen nationally, from the unchecked immigration, to the massive indebtedness, inability to pay it off, rising taxes. And when push comes to shove, where are they going to go in California?” Limbaugh asked again.
“They’re going to go along the coastline where all the elites, suburbia, where all the money is. They’re going to start taking it. It’s the only place there is any,” he added.
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
(H/T: Daily Rushbo). Front page photo source courtesy the AP.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 578 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 513 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 492 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 384 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 335 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 308 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 264 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 148 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to China's president
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins
- Zimmermann wins 8th; Nationals top Phillies 5-2
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Calif. teen takes supermodel to prom
- Kuchar leads Colonial when 2nd round suspended
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos