The Stunning Moment a Wild Bison Charges a Child in Yellowstone!
Could this be one of the most naive adults you’ve ever seen?
A video taken in Yellowstone National Park in early August is stirring quite the debate after it shows what appears to be a parent encouraging children to approach a wild bison, and then that bison charges a child who barely escapes being trampled.
In the video, the man filming the event can be heard talking about how angry the bison appears. But that doesn’t stop one adult — in the blue tank top — from approaching the wild animal along with a group of kids. After several seconds of the bison spitting, shaking his head, and curling his tail he finally snaps and then takes off after a child. The child then runs for his life before circling back to the adult.
Watch the video below:
“This is a wild place, and these are wild animals,” Yellowstone spokesman Al Nash told KXLH-TV as a result of the video. “They are bigger than you, and the only person who can look out for your safety is you.”
Andrea Jones, spokeswoman for Montana Fish, Wildlife, & Parks, said there are telling signs to look for from a bison to determine if a bison is aggravated: stomping, snorting, shaking head side to side, and a tail straight up or curled like a ‘question mark’ above its back. The bison in the video displayed all of those.
The West Montana Chamber posted the video on its Facebook page and said it was “angry” over the actions of the adults in the video:
This video is one that makes us angry, expecially [sic] at the irresponsible person behind the camera urging the children “to go ahead and touch him.” This group has no idea how incredibly lucky they were that no one was injured or killed. Yellowstone is an incredible place that allows us all to experience wildlife in a way that can you can no where in the world. But, it is also a place where safety rules, regarding wildlife and thermal features, are so important to follow. As a leader or parent or guide, it is your responsiblity [sic] to take the time to understand and follow them, and provide the example for others.
What do you think?
(H/T: Daily Mail)
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 463 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 317 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 256 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 232 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance Read More
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 188 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? 102 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 123 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 104 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 140 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Mortar lands in Congo as UN chief arrives
- Zimbabwe's president signs new constitution
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel
- South Sudan warns it may shut down oil flow again
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- Czech president settles dispute over gay rights
- Vatican releases 1st report of financial watchdog
- UK eyes giving visas to 600 Afghan interpreters