CNBC Host Labels NYTimes Columnist Paul Krugman a ‘Communist’
New York Times columnist Paul “the U.S. isn’t broke” Krugman has become something of a gag over at CNBC’s “Squawk Box.” In addition to being a called a “unicorn” with “confounding” and “laughable” ideas, he’s now apparently a “communist.”
Joe Kernen during a Monday broadcast of CNBC’s “Squawk Box” defended CNN’s Erin Burnett from a Huffington Post article debunking her claim that commodity prices have risen as a result of the Fed’s “quantitative easing” policies.
In rebutting Burnett, the HuffPo article cited both Baker and Paul “the Tea Party shot Gabby Giffords” Krugman. The famously outspoken Kernen wasn’t having any of it.
“They quoted Paul Krugman and this other idiot, Dean Baker, who’s some guy, I don’t even know who he is, he always writes for The Huffington Post. Basically co-communists in a lot of different economic circles,” said Kernen.
He went on to criticize bloggers who fact-check economic issues.
“You know, fact-checkers need fact-checking now. They’re so full of crap. These fact-checkers lie more than the people that they’re fact-checking,” he said, adding that, “In the blogosphere, you can write what is libelous, you can lie and it’s taken as fact by the readers.”
CNBC’s Steve Liesman concurred: “I get concerned when people who are not economics reporters, they get involved. Like when the White House guys start writing about economics, it makes me nervous.”
Watch Kernen go after Krugman:
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
(H/T: Mediaite). Front page photo courtesy the AP.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 524 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 464 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 452 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 333 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 267 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 147 Comments
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Father of man shot in Boston probe shares regrets
- 20 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- West Bank and romance prominent in 'Omar'
- German opposition party marks bittersweet 150th
- Oil down to near $93 on Chinese recovery concerns
- UK official: Suspects part of previous probes
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- For Philadelphia bicyclist, a cat is his co-pilot