MSNBC Panelist Asks: ‘Who Is More Dangerous…The Supreme Leader in Tehran or Bibi Netanyahu?’
On Wednesday morning’s edition of “Morning Joe,” regular MSNBC contributor Mike Barnicle presented a bizarre question to the show’s panel, asking if Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is more dangerous than Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
“Who is the more dangerous player on the world stage right now, the supreme leader in Tehran or Bibi Netanyahu,” Barnicle asked.
“Don’t answer that,” one of the panelists shot back.
Time magazine political columnist Joe Klein slammed the question and insinuation, calling Khamenei a “fascist.”
“It’s not Netanyahu,” he said. “The supreme leader is a fascist and he, right now, is causing great pain to his people in a way that Bibi Netanyahu never would.”
Watch the clip here via the Washington Free Beacon:
Almost the entire panel agreed, and proceeded to criticize Barnicle for even asking the question at all.
“I understand the point of your question, but that was a silly question,” CNBC’s Donny Deutsch said.
“That was a clown question, bro,” someone off camera quipped, making a pop culture reference.
However, MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell slightly broke from his co-panelists and slammed Netanyahu as a stubborn world leader who only gets along with people that “agree with every single word he says.” He did not clarify whether he thought Netanyahu was more dangerous than Iran’s supreme leader.
“One point we know with Netanyahu, as Joe can tell you, anybody’s who’s who’s been in the room with Netanyahu, you don’t have to be with him long to know that there’s only one way, only one way, to get along with him and that is to agree with every single word he says, which Mitt Romney apparently does,” O’Donnell said.
As TheBlaze reported earlier today, Barnicle also suggested that the U.S. Department of Justice consider charging anti-Muslim Pastor Terry Jones as an accessory to murder in the attacks on the U.S. embassy in Libya, where a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans were killed.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 842 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 271 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 241 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 220 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 163 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 177 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 182 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- In tornado's wake, worried parents seek out kids
- Chinese fishing boat, crew released by North Korea
- Head of embattled G4S security force retires
- Justin Bieber's monkey to become German property
- AP photographer describes destroyed Okla. school
- Former IRS commissioner heads to Hill amid scandal
- Policy, discretion guide media sources probes
- Roadside bomb kills 6 policemen in Afghanistan