The producers of the controversial low-budget anti-Muhammad film “The Innocence of Muslims,” which some argue may have led to the killing of the U.S. Ambassador to Libya and three other Americans, actually sent out bizarre casting calls looking for actors to star in the flick, The Daily reports. The movie was apparently originally titled “Desert Warrior.”

Read the Bizarre Casting Call for the Now Infamous The Innocence of Muslims

(Source: The Daily)

To see the rest of the casting call, click here.

 

The producers of the movie, which allegedly helped spark riots in Libya, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia and other countries after depicting the Muslim prophet Muhammad as a moronic adulterer who approves of sexually abusing children, reportedly published the casting calls for “Desert Warrior” on several websites, including the actor’s trade magazine “Backstage.”

According to the casting call obtained by The Daily, shooting for the film was scheduled to begin in “mid-Aug. in L.A.” last year. “Sam Bassiel” is named as the producer and “Alan Roberts” the director. The filmmakers described the film as a “historical Arabian Desert adventure film.” Watch the nearly 14 minute trailer for “The Innocence of Muslims” here.

Read the Bizarre Casting Call for the Now Infamous The Innocence of Muslims

A scene from "The Innocence of Muslims" (Photo Credit: YouTube)

Among the roles available were the parts of George, “a strong leader, romantic, tyrant, a killer with no remorse, Assad, a “bearded tribe leader” with an “Israeli accent,” and Hillary, a woman who is “18 but looks much younger, petite, innocent.” There is no mention of a role for a Prophet Muhammad on the casting call.

The production also indicated at the bottom of the ad that “yes” there would be nudity involved.

Initial reports identified the producer as “Sam Bacile,” a self-described Israeli living in California. We are assuming that Sam “Bassiel” is the same person as Sam Bacile, but TheBlaze can’t independently verify that at this time.

One of the film’s consultants told The Atlantic that Bacile wasn’t really Israeli, possibly not even Jewish, and that Bacile was not his real name. Whoever he is, he has gone into hiding following the violent reaction to his film. No information on “Alan Roberts” was immediately available.

Israel’s Foreign Ministry said it has no idea who Bacile is and insisted Israel’s government had nothing to do with making the film.

“This guy is totally anonymous. At this point no one can confirm he holds Israeli citizenship and even if he did we are not involved,” ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said. “No Israeli institution, government department or office has any involvement in this. This guy acted on his own behalf.”

The search for those responsible for the film, including Bacile, led the Associated Press Wednesday to a California Coptic Christian convicted of financial crimes who acknowledged his role in managing and providing logistics for the production.

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, told The Associated Press in an interview outside Los Angeles that he was manager for the company that produced “Innocence of Muslims.” He provided the first details about a shadowy production group behind the film.

Nakoula denied he directed the film and said he knew the self-described filmmaker, Sam Bacile. But the cellphone number that AP contacted Tuesday to reach the filmmaker who identified himself as Sam Bacile traced to the same address near Los Angeles where AP found Nakoula. Federal court papers said Nakoula’s aliases included Nicola Bacily, Erwin Salameh and others.

Nakoula denied he had posed as Bacile. During a conversation outside his home, he offered his driver’s license to show his identity but kept his thumb over his middle name, Basseley. Records checks by the AP subsequently found it and other connections to the Bacile persona.

In a separate development, the 80 cast and crew members involved in the making of the film told CNN Wednesday that they were “grossly misled” about its intent and have since denounced the movie and its creators.

“The entire cast and crew are extremely upset and feel taken advantage of by the producer,” they said in a statement to CNN about “Innocence of Muslims” movie.

“We are 100% not behind this film and were grossly misled about its intent and purpose,” the statement continued. “We are shocked by the drastic rewrites of the script and lies that were told to all involved. We are deeply saddened by the tragedies that have occurred.”

One of the actresses, who spoke to CNN on the condition of anonymity, said the original script made no references to a Prophet Muhammed character. She also said some of the actors’ lines had been changed, prompting complaints for her and other actors.

The actress said she spoke with the movie’s producer Sam Bacile on Wednesday and he told her he wrote the script because he “wants Muslims to quit killing.”

“I had no idea he was doing all this,” she said.

Consultant Steve Klein, who worked with Bacile on the film,  told CNN the producer is “very depressed” and “upset” about what what happened in Libya.

“I talked to him this morning, and he said that he was very concerned for what happened to the ambassador,” Klein said.

 

Related: