Obama’s Promises Vs. Obama’s Actions: The Latest Video from ‘WordsMatter2012′
Last week, TheBlaze posted a story with a long-form video showing the vast differences between certain campaign promises and statements by Barack Obama and the actions he has taken since becoming president. The video was called “Words Matter” and it was reported to be the first political video from an amateur video editor who wished to remain nameless online (his identity was confirmed by TheBlaze).
Since that story ran, the video generated significant traffic with over 400,000 views of the original YouTube posting. It also brought to our attention that the “Words Matter” concept was not exactly a new idea. In fact, TheBlaze was contacted by WordsMatter2012, a DC-based organization that originated the idea for these types of video comparisons, back in March of this year.
At the helm of WordsMatter2012 is executive director, Jennifer Gratz. If Ms. Gratz’s name sounds familiar to you, she is no stranger to the national political scene. At the young age of 19, Jennifer sued the University of Michigan over racial preferences commonly referred to as “Affirmative Action.” Her case went all the way to the Supreme Court and she was successful. Since that victory, Jennifer Gratz has been politically active, working to help others get ballot initiatives in place to challenge Affirmative Action in states all across the country.
Ms. Gratz told TheBlaze that her work with WordsMatter2012 stems from the questions that she would like answered about Barack Obama:
“Has the President lived up to our expectations?”
“Has he led the country to move beyond racial divisions?”
“Has he lived up to the promise that we are not a white America or a black America, but the United States of America?”
WordsMatter2012 describes themselves as “a research project” with a very specific mission:
Words Matter 2012 is a project devoted to giving voters a non-partisan and objective insight into what was promised…and what was delivered. From Guantanamo Bay to Wall Street, from the economy to fairness in government – Can we trust what our elected leaders tell us? Who is right? What do we believe? Do words still matter?
The first video posted by WordsMatter2012 hit the internet just six months ago:
Following the success of that “trailer,” WordsMatter2012 has posted a new video each week. These clips feature President Obama in his own words, and each compares Mr. Obama’s words from the past to his words and actions today.
The most popular of the weekly clips was the one released just last week called, “Disappointed.” This 2:25 video shows some of Obama’s most loyal supporters are not quite pleased with the president’s lack of progress.
The latest video from WordsMatter2012 was sent to TheBlaze yesterday. This one is called “Obama: A Post-Racial President?” And it asked the question:
Candidate Obama promised to lead the country beyond racial divisions. Has he kept this commitment, or descended into the racial politics of the past?
WordsMatter2012 has offered to give TheBlaze an advance preview of their weekly videos. We will review and post as necessary.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 592 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 393 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 337 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 331 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 286 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Kerry makes sub-Saharan Africa visit
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93