Hundreds Riot Outside U.S. Consulate in Sydney: ‘Behead All Those Who Insult the Prophet’
After the violent clashes in the Middle East last week where several Americans– including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya– were killed, Muslims in Australia have begun to riot as well.
Allegedly protesting an anti-Muslim film, the protesters took to the streets in Sydney with signs that read, “behead all those who insult the prophet” and “down, down USA.”
The Australian writes:
Capsicum spray was fired, leaving faces red and inflamed, while one man was seen being dragged along the ground with blood dripping down his face.
Superintendent Mark Walton later said he believed some people went to the protest “armed”, with a view to cause damage and assault police.
“The group was unorganised and clearly split into factions, being some there to express their concerns from their community perspective,” he said.
“However, there were other elements … who were clearly here with another intent.
“They were aggressive and violent at times and came into contact with police.”
One man explained: “The prophet is more beloved then my family, my wife, my mother and myself. So if someone says this, you can see how upsetting it is.”
Here are photos:
Russia Today has shocking video:
“We are defending our Prophet Mohammed, we are defending His honor,” one unidentified protester explained.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard released a statement: “Violent protest is never acceptable – not today, not ever.”
NSW Premier Barry O’Farrell remarked: “The right to protest comes with an equal responsibility to do so peacefully…That responsibility has been comprehensively ignored today.”
(H/T: Gateway Pundit)
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 487 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 473 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 463 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 363 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 329 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control Read More
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 133 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 104 Comments
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Emails suggest Treasury delayed alerting Congress to Tea Party targeting scheme
- Weiner gets started stumping in NYC mayoral race
- US new home sales up 2.3 percent in April
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- IMF head Lagarde in court in fraud probe
- Appellate court: Berlusconi ran illegal scheme
- Markets roiled by Nikkei's 7.3 percent slide
- Krzyzewski returning to coach USA Basketball