Obama Campaign Actually Replaces 50 Stars on American Flag With Campaign ‘O’ Logo
If you go to barackobama.com right now, you can buy your very own limited edition American flag print. But this isn’t any ordinary American flag; this is an American flag that replaces the 50 stars representing the 50 states with President Obama’s campaign logo.
The Obama campaign is selling the limited edition “Our Stripes: Flag poster” for $35 on its official website. The screen print was designed by Ross Bruggink and Dan Olson, according to the site.
As Fox News’ Todd Starnes points out, there is also another print for sale called “Our Stripes: Country Print” that also looks like an American flag but in the shape of the United States. Again, in the top left corner sits the Obama campaign logo instead of the 50 stars.
Promoting the new item, Obama’s official campaign Twitter account tweeted:
A poster to say there are no red states or blue states, only the United States: OFA.BO/gfHgXM
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) September 20, 2012
“The United States of Obama?” Starnes asks in his headline.
Find out how people are reacting to the Obama campaign’s version of the American flag on Twitter at Twitchy.com.
Just for the record, an American flag should never bear “any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature,” according to U.S. flag code.
Additionally, U.S. Flag Code-Title 4, Ch. 1, Sec. 3 prohibits the “Use of flag for advertising purposes.”
In case you find it hard to believe that the campaign of the sitting president of the United States would sell an item that replaces the stars on the sacred American flag with their own logo, we snapped some screen shots to prove it’s true.
Taken directly from barackobama.com:
This isn’t the first time that President Obama and American flags have sparked controversy. In fact, his campaign appears to have a real problem understanding U.S. flag code.
TheBlaze previously reported that the Obama campaign left a giant American flag on the ground while they were setting up for an official campaign event at the University of Iowa, a blatant violation of U.S. flag code that states an American flag should never touch the ground.
Further, just last week a Texas school district was forced to remove an American flag that has Obama’s face plastered on it. Again, just as in this most recent case, flag code states an American flag should never bear “any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.”
To support the actual American flag, check out The Marketplace by The Blaze here.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 449 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 447 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 428 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 289 Comments
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 202 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 140 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 129 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Penguins rout Senators 7-3, take 3-1 series lead
- 1 child dead, 1 missing in Minn. park landslide
- Weiner launches comeback bid to become NYC mayor
- Float driver says train seemed still before crash
- Family Ties: Jarrett, Petty enter NASCAR hall
- Obama honors Carole King at White House concert
- Okla. men get video of deadly tornado overhead