‘The Five’ Attacks TheBlaze Over Blind Sheikh Story: ‘This Report Is B.S.’
On Wednesday, some of the co-hosts on the Fox News program “The Five” slammed TheBlaze’s exclusive report that suggests the U.S. State Department may be “actively considering” transferring Omar Abdel Rahman, also known as the “Blind Sheikh,” into Egyptian custody.
Some on the panel were opposed to even discussing the report, despite the fact that Fox News had been reporting on the controversial story throughout the day on Wednesday.
“This report is B.S. I’m sorry,” co-host Greg Gutfeld said. “When you say a source close to the White House, is it a bartender at the Hawk & Dove? I can’t believe we’re doing this story without actually having just a shred of a source. I mean, I know we got it from TheBlaze. TheBlaze is an entertaining site, but come on! Where is this coming from?”
Co-host Eric Bolling cited TheBlaze, and referenced a letter sent to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Attorney General Eric Holder from a number of GOP lawmakers.
“I saw the letter, I read the letter. But the letter said ‘there are reports.’ That’s a passive way — Where are the reports from?” Gutfeld asked.
Co-host Kimberly Guilfoyle, remaining somewhat neutral, speculated that there have been rumors in the past about negotiations regarding the transfer of the Blind Sheikh.
“We’ve heard that before,” she said.
“I’m sorry. You can’t pin this on an administration without an actual source. It’s not fair,” said Gutfeld.
TheBlaze has repeatedly cited a source close to the Obama administration. The source has asked not to be identified.
Watch the segment via Fox News/Mediaite here:
Mediaite tracked the verbal blows:
“For the record,” Bolling defended, “the administration, they have said –”
“They said it was garbage,” Gutfeld interjected. “Utter garbage.”
Bolling then bemoaned that he was “taking heat” from Gutfeld for wanting to talk about something that is “pretty darn important.”
“It is important!” Gutfeld responded. “I would like a source, that’s all I’m saying.”
For more of the transcript, click here.
Predictably, co-host Bob Beckel jumped on TheBlaze-bashing bandwagon.
He said, “The idea that this thing would actually happen is so ludicrous and ridiculous that it does not deserve to have a place here to discuss.”
Still defending his position, Bolling asked Beckel, “Do we not get in front of the news cycle sometimes?”
“No, you get in front of the right-wing blogs,” Beckel replied in a jab at TheBlaze.
Here’s Fox News’ Megyn Kelly on Wednesday discussing the story first broken by TheBlaze:
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 557 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 508 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 482 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 336 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 333 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 234 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 232 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 141 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- NYC lawsuit alleging Favre sent racy texts settled
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees tragedy behind him
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81
- Report: Yahoo, pay-TV operators among Hulu bidders
- Principal recounts storm hitting Oklahoma school
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- McIlroy, Donald miss cut at BMW PGA Championship
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US