‘It’s Not a Lynch!’ Fiery TX Man Takes Down Hanging Empty Chair Representing Obama in Front of News Crew
The Austin, Texas man who hung an empty chair representing President Barack Obama from a tree in his front yard took it down Thursday in front of a news crew, but insisted the display was not a lynching nor racial in any way.
Swearing repeatedly at the KEYE-TV crew and warning them not to set foot on his property as he fumbled with the rope holding the chair up, Bud Johnson reaffirmed it was related to Clint Eastwood’s empty chair routine from the Republican National Convention.
“No it has no other meaning,” Johnson said when asked about the racial connotations of his display. “I’m not a racist, I don’t dislike any race….it’s not a lynch.”
By the time he took the chair down, Johnson had added a small American flag to the display. No flag was present when a photo of the chair was first published on the Texas political blog Burnt Orange Report.
Asked by KEYE why the chair was hanging from a tree, Johnson responded, “because it’s the only place I had to put the damn thing” and said he couldn’t put it on the ground because he likes to keep his grass cut.
“It has nothing to do with race,” he repeated.
Later in the day, Johnson told a columnist from the Austin American-Statesmanwhy he chose to take the chair down: “I decided to make the change because some people are stupid.”
Asked whether he planned to put the chair up again, Johnson replied, “Not unless I want to.”
Johnson previously told TheBlaze that he is a Republican and put the chair up to express his feelings about the president.
“I don’t support Obama and the empty chair and that’s why,” he said.
On Wednesday, Johnson told Burnt Orange Report that he didn’t “really give a damn whether it disturbs you or not.”
“You can take [your concerns] and go straight to hell and take Obama with you,” he said. “I don’t give a sh-t. If you don’t like it, don’t come down my street.”
Watch KEYE’s full interaction with Johnson here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 511 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 468 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 460 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 351 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 326 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Socialists try to form new govt in Bulgaria
- Britain: Soldier slaying suspects had been probed
- Sorrentino serves up a cinema banquet at Cannes
- Stock slump continues on Wall Street
- Czech police seek US man suspected of 4 murders
- Ralph Lauren's 4Q profit rises 35 pct
- Taliban rickshaw bomb kills 13 in Pakistan
- UEFA introduces minimum ban for racist abuse