Nevada Republican Challenges Harry Reid, Invokes Clint Eastwood: ‘Make Our Day and Release Your 2011 Tax Return’
Earlier this year, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), citing an anonymous source that may or may not exist, infamously accused GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney of paying zero taxes over a 10-year period. Now that his theory has been thoroughly debunked with the release of the nominee’s 2011 tax returns, Reid is now being challenged to put his money where his mouth is.
Dave Buell, chairman of the Washoe Country Republican party in Nevada, called on Reid in an email blast Friday evening to disclose his 2011 tax return, The Washington Times reports. Oh, and he also invoked Clint Eastwood.
“Senator, make our day and release your 2011 tax return,” Buell wrote.
Romney has repeatedly denied Reid’s wild tax accusation, however, the issue was permanently put to bed on Friday when he released his 2011 tax returns, which showed he payed 14.1 percent in federal income tax while donating 30 percent of his $13.7 million income to charity, or $4 million. Further, the Romney campaign said Friday that the GOP nominee’s average effective tax rate was around 20 percent over the past two decades.
Not long after Romney’s tax dump, Buell sent out the mass email calling for Reid to do the same and release his tax records “so that all Nevadans can see that he is paying his fair share,” according to The Washington Times.
“In addition, Mr. Reid should explain to all of us how he became a millionaire on a bureaucrat’s salary. Mitt Romney earned his money by investing in companies, people and creating jobs in the private sector while Harry Reid made his money by taking money from the private sector and redistributing it through government,” Buell wrote.
Buell also hit Reid on his job as a Nevada senator, saying the state’s unemployment rate is one of the highest in the nation, which rests at 12.1 percent as of Friday.
Even after Romney disclosed his 2011 tax returns, Reid refused to apologize for his unfounded accusations. Instead, he accused Romney of “manipulating” the system.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 465 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 323 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 290 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 258 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 119 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 195 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 133 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 105 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 143 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- NY funeral for student accidentally shot by police
- Clearwire board approves higher Sprint offer
- Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- IRS official in center of targeting probe: 'I have not done anything wrong.'
- EU bid to label Hezbollah wing terror group
- AAA: 31.2M drivers to take Memorial Day road trip
- Iraqi premier orders army shake-up after attacks
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe