Barack: Michelle ‘Definitely Could Be the President’ but ‘She’s Got Too Much Sense’ to Run
President Barack Obama offered a boost for his wife on Friday, saying first lady Michelle Obama could “definitely” win the presidency but that she has “too much sense” to run for office.
“She definitely could be the president but she will never run for the presidency ’cause she’s got too much sense,” Obama said Friday in an interview on Washington, D.C. hip hop radio station WKYS.
Obama was asked about his wife’s political ambitions in the wake of her well-received speech at the Democratic National Convention earlier this month. He said the first lady is instead focused on raising their two daughters “and the work that she’s doing around the country that helps make sure kids are eating right, getting exercise.”
“She’s an incredible person, an incredible talent but politics is not her thing,” Obama said. “You know, she’s happy to support me, she thinks the work I’m doing is important but I can guarantee you that’s not something she’s gonna be doing.”
Michelle Obama has said herself she has no interest in seeking office, saying on “The View” in May, “I’m not interested in politics, never have been.”
Listen to the audio interview here.
(h/t Drudge Report)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 429 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 376 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 335 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 101 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 118 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California 102 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Suspected rebels kill 16, wound 25 in east India
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Wash. bridge
- Egypt top court rules against religious slogans
- Turkish couples kiss in subway in protest
- Brewers closer Henderson out with hamstring injury
- Police: Suspected Maoist rebels kill 16 people in attack in eastern India
- Ex-minor leaguer says baseball cheating lives
- Cambodian film on Pol Pot rule wins Cannes prize