Obama Vid Attacks Romney for Not Releasing More Tax Returns: ‘What Else Is He Hiding?’
In early August, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) took to the Senate floor to assert that Mitt Romney hasn’t paid his taxes for ten years.
“The word is out,” he said, starting a firestorm of activity in the media.
A few days later, White House advisor Robert Gibbs assured the public that if Romney would just release the returns, the issue would be put to rest.
“Mitt Romney could go to Kinkos, he could photocopy his tax returns…he could hand them out to reporters all over the country, and you know what? We wouldn’t talk about this tomorrow,” he told CNN’s Candy Crowley.
However, now that Romney has released his tax return for 2011, the Obama “Truth Team” has released a video implying the Republican presidential nominee is secretive and dishonest.
Watch it, below:
After discussing Romney’s Swiss bank accounts and overseas investments, the video asks: “Why won’t Mitt Romney come clean with the American people? What else is he hiding?”
The video also states that Romney bet against the dollar with a number of his investments, and has failed to match the precedent set by previous contenders for public office in the number of tax returns he is willing to release.
“This isn’t overly personal here, guys,” Obama commented during an August press conference. This pretty standard stuff. I do not think we are being mean to ask him to do what every other presidential candidate has done.”
Romney campaign spokeswoman Amanda Henneberg was unmoved, however, and responded: “with a failed record marked by job loss and middle-class suffering, President Obama has nothing to offer but cheap political attacks.”
She continued: “[Obama] once said politicians who can’t run on their record ‘make a big election about small things.’ With 23 million Americans struggling for work and Washington as broken as ever, President Obama has proven incapable of bringing the change he promised.”
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 463 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 317 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 256 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 232 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance Read More
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 188 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? 102 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 123 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 104 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 140 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Mortar lands in Congo as UN chief arrives
- Zimbabwe's president signs new constitution
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel
- South Sudan warns it may shut down oil flow again
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- Czech president settles dispute over gay rights
- Vatican releases 1st report of financial watchdog
- UK eyes giving visas to 600 Afghan interpreters