SNL: Ann Romney Snaps Back at Mitt’s GOP Critics
Saturday Night Live’s first full spoof of Ann Romney featured the Republican presidential nominee’s wife lashing out at critics of her husband’s campaign.
Romney, played by new cast member Kate McKinnon, appeared on SNL’s “Weekend Update” segment and addressed, among other things, her defensive comments from last week about the campaign being “hard.”
“Yes it’s hard, the campaign has meant many sacrifices to our schedule,” Romney said. “It’s fall and we’re missing apple picking season. And we love apple picking, Seth — it’s like Mormon Mardi Gras. I once drank so much cider I woke up the next morning in my bed wearing my pajamas.”
On charges she and Mitt are elitist and out of touch, Romney asked whether they’re “more elitist than Barack and Michelle Obama — they’re friends with Jay-Z and Beyoncé.”
“Everyone says I’m unrelatable because I had a horse in the Olympics,” she said. “Well, let me tell you what. I would kill that horse if I could meet Beyoncé.”
To Republicans who have still not gotten behind her husband, Romney asked whether they really think the campaign would be going better with a different candidate.
“Who? Rick Santorum? Are you thinking you missed the boat with Newt Gingrich? If you think I’m unrelatable, check out Callista Gingrich, she looks like a character from ‘Mars Attacks,’” she said. “You guys wish Ron Paul was still running? Well guess what, he probably is because he’s a lunatic who doesn’t understand how voting works. And if you want Rick Perry back that’s really easy, just say his name three times and he’ll show up” — which he did.
She concluded by posing the question that if the race was so “winnable,” why didn’t Jeb Bush, Chris Christie or Marco Rubio jump in.
“Fellas if you don’t nut up, you’ve got to shut up,” she said.
Watch the full sketch below, via NBC:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 484 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 471 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 462 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 356 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 327 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ Read More
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 118 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- UN: 22 deaths worldwide from coronavirus
- Togo police fire tear gas at protesters
- McQuaid: Panel to study UCI-Armstrong 'collusion'
- Jewelry stolen a 2nd time during Cannes festival
- Russian court denies Pussy Riot's Alekhina parole
- Czech police seek US man suspected of 4 murders
- Jerry Lewis repeats his distaste for female comics