Adam Carolla Is Back and Warning Against Avoiding Hard Work: You’ll ‘Get Your A** Whopped’
Comedian Adam Carolla isn’t one to be shy about his political views. Last year, he unleashed on Occupy protesters, dubbing them “self-entitled monsters.” The entertainer has also been candid in the past about his views on poverty and hard work. It is these themes that are at the center of a new video course he produced for Prager University.
In the clip entitled, “Adam Carolla on Luck,” the comedian makes it clear that hard work is the key to success in life. He tells viewers that everyone is born unlucky. While few people enter the world on the higher echelon of society, with some finding themselves on the lower end of the spectrum, the vast majority (the 99 percent, he contends) are somewhere in the middle.
“That’s not luck. That’s me,” he says of the success he’s had in his own life, specifically throughout his career. “I earned that.”
Rather than encouraging people to bank on getting a break or having success track them down, Carolla makes it clear that every individual needs to work hard and push him or herself toward achievement.
“Don’t count on luck. Rely on hard work,” he claims in the video. “Look at life as a prize fight and you’ve got to get up and do road work every morning.”
The comedian cautions against not “training” and preparing oneself for life’s challenges. Carolla contends that if one goes into the “ring of life” ill-prepared, he or she will get “a*s whopped.”
“Let’s not rely on Vegas. Let’s not rely on the lottery. Let’s rely on hard work,” he continues. ”Your resume must be twice as good as the guy you’re going against.”
Watch Carolla’s Prager U video, in which he encourages viewers to “get out there and take over the world,” below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 465 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 323 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 293 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 258 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 123 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 195 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 135 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 144 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- NY funeral for student accidentally shot by police
- Clearwire board approves higher Sprint offer
- Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- IRS official in center of targeting probe: 'I have not done anything wrong.'
- EU bid to label Hezbollah wing terror group
- AAA: 31.2M drivers to take Memorial Day road trip
- Iraqi premier orders army shake-up after attacks
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe