Jewish Dem. Assemblyman Furious With Obama Admin. Over Israel ‘Ally’ Remarks, Treatment of Netanyahu
During a Monday appearance on “Your World With Neil Cavuto,” New York State Assemblyman Dov Hikind (D) harshly criticized the Obama administration for its handling of the Mideast crisis and its treatment of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
“It’s incomprehensible. First of all, the remark about ‘noise,’” Hikind said in reference to President Obama calling Israel’s concern over a nuclear Iran “noise.”
“Israel is a country that is being threatened — its very existence. Iran says ‘we’re going to wipe Israel off the map.’ This is not about some economic issues with regard to Israel. This is the very survival of the people of Israel,” he added.
Hikind continued his defense of Israel.
“And we the Jewish people, you know, we have a little experience with those who threaten to annihilate us. The last person who threatened [us], sadly, did very well,” the New York State Assemblyman said in clear reference to Adolf Hitler and the Holocaust.
Cavuto, however, was still stuck on the president referring to Israel as “one of” the U.S.’ closest allies in the Middle East. Who else could possibly be on that list? Iran? Saudi Arabia?
“It’s insulting, it’s degrading. Other friends? Morsi from the Muslim Brotherhood? Is that who he’s talking about? Is he talking about Yemen? Who is the president talking about?” an increasingly agitated Hikind asked.
By the way, how is that whole Muslim Brotherhood friendship thing working out?
“The president has no time to meet with the Prime Minster of Israel, but he has time to do everything else. He has time, you know, it seems Prime Minister Netanyahu is not as enticing as Whoopie Goldberg or some of the other people that the president enjoys meeting with,” he continued.
“This is very hurtful and, as a Democrat, this president is failing America, he is failing our friends, and I’m saying to my fellow Americans — Democrats, Republicans — please wake up!” he added.
Cavuto steered the conversation to the topic of Jewish voters and Hikind announced that he would travel the country to get out the Jewish vote for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
Hikind also warned that, should he win re-election, Obama will go after Prime Minister Netanyahu in retaliation for making him look bad.
“The people of Israel are very concerned about Barack Obama getting reelected. Barack Obama is an ideologue with a view that is extreme left. We go back to the speech that he made at Cairo University back in 2009,” Hikind continued.
“He was going to ‘change’ everything. He was going to endear himself to the Muslim world. And what does that mean? He was going to push Israel away with one hand and bring everybody closer,” he added.
The conversation ended with the New York State Assembly man predicting President Obama won’t come close to the 78 percent of the Jewish vote he got in 2008 and that his Republican rival will get a minimum 32 percent.
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 480 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 422 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 385 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 306 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 112 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 112 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 216 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 198 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 113 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Inaugural tournament cut to 54 holes
- One block: How neighbors saw twister's deadly path
- Jennifer Lopez to open cellphone stores
- Kerry: US, allies ready to step up aid to rebels
- A divided Fed wrestles with when to slow bond buys
- Obama to honor Carole King at White House concert
- Twitter adds security measure to logins
- Key House chairman slams Senate immigration bill