See This NJ Homeowner’s Outrageous Front Yard Sign: ‘House For Sale By Owner Because My Neighbor’s An A**hole’
Editor’s note: A photo in this story contains strong language that will be offensive to some readers.
As many will tell you, selling a home in this economy can be hard to do. It is likely even harder when you advertise one of your neighbors as an “a**hole.” Who would want to live next to someone like that?
However, a New Jersey homeowner did exactly that, posting an attention-grabbing sign in the front yard of his for sale home.
“House For Sale By Owner Because My Neighbor’s An A**hole,” the sign states:
The Dennis & Judi show on NJ 101.5 FM were originally sent the image by a listener, according to the Huffington Post. The link to the radio show’s website was not working at the time of publication.
Here’s another example of a homeowner who resorted to extreme tactics to sell their homes via HuffPo:
Ellie Zober, an Oregon woman who found out her husband was cheating on her, included the rather personal information on a For Sale sign of her own.
“I’ve gotten calls from Sweden and Scotland and Ireland and a man from Japan called to buy the house,” Zober told ABC News Radio. The family is trying to avoid foreclosure and admits the sign is purely for exposure, although the story is also true.
But as these creative sellers prove, the journey can certainly be hilarious. On the other hand, eccentric ideas and signs could backfire. After all, “My neighbor’s an a**hole” is not exactly a ringing endorsement for a neighborhood.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 577 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 510 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 491 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 382 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 335 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 305 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 263 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 147 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Zimmermann wins 8th; Nationals top Phillies 5-2
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Calif. teen takes supermodel to prom
- Kuchar leads Colonial when 2nd round suspended
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Police: 'Thong Cape Scooter Man' not breaking law
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81