Muslim Day Parade In NYC Features Calls for Global Laws Against Insulting Islam and Promotes Sharia In USA
Sunday September 23rd marked the 27th annual United American Muslim Day Parade in NYC. The parade, which included floats and flags of many nations, marched down Madison Avenue from 42nd Street to 23rd Street. Intrepid blogger Urban Infidel attended the event and captured many of the images and video seen in this story.
During the parade, a program was handed out featuring shots of the White House with the Black Flag flying over it.
Inside the full-color program handed out to those along the parade route was a four-and-a-half page article titled, “Islam, The Future of America.” That article features the first image shown above with the black flag Islam flying over White House.
The article documents the recent growth of this “third wave” of Muslims in America:
- Population growth from 50,000 Muslims to an estimated 6 million in just the past twenty-five years
- Mosques have increased from 50 in 1960 to 1400 today.
There are also some paragraphs inside the document that are worthy of review. For example, the subject of relationships between Muslim Americans and non-Muslims. The point of view here is quite clear: inter-faith and inter-cultural marriages are strongly discouraged. And it clearly states that Muslim women are forbidden from marrying outside of their faith. The two paragraphs posted here show:
- It is permitted for a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim woman — as long as she converts.
- Muslim woman are not permitted to marry a non-Muslim man.
In the section discussing the education and upbringing of Muslim children, this paragraph suggests the creation of Islamic Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, with the underlying rules of Sharia being mandated:
The marchers and floats carried many messages stating that Islam is a religion of peace. However, there were several participants flying the black flag of Islamic jihad:
In one instance, the flag was flown in front of the stage featuring young children:
At the end of the parade route, a stage was set up for speakers. One Imam from Coney Island in Brooklyn used his time to push for the U.S. government to ban the anti-Islam video some blame for the uproar of late, to “not allow anybody to disrespect our prophet in future,” and asked the UN to pass a low banning such speech against Islam:
That push shouldn’t be a shock to regular readers of TheBlaze. Last week, we reported on similar calls being made by many Islamists who were demanding UN intervention on behalf of Islam’s reputation. One story covered the ultra-conservative Islamists in Egypt who demanded UN intervention to criminalize this defamation. We also interviewed a NJ Imam who said that free speech that allows mocking Islam is a threat to America’s national security.
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 436 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 418 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 370 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 320 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 128 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 133 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 120 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 235 Comments
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 245 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 114 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- WW II photo-documentarian Wayne Miller dies at 94
- Broke no laws, IRS official says _ then takes 5th
- Zach Johnson always feels good at Colonial
- House passes GOP bill to speed pipeline approval
- HP's 2Q offers hope even as revenue slump deepens
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Mexico cartel dominates, torches western state
- Union power at issue as Garcetti elected LA mayor