You’ll Never Guess What These College Students Are (Sort of) in an Uproar Over
So apparently the sandwich wrap is kind of a big deal for some people.
“At the University of Maryland, students are exasperated about a new construction method that Dining Service employees are using for wraps,” the Washington Posts’ Michael S. Rosenwald writes, citing U-Md.’s student newspaper The Diamondback.
What terrible new design could possibly have these students in a huff?
Apparently, according to The Diamondback, Dining Services employees are now “cutting vegetables, chicken and other sandwich products, rather than dicing them, and leaving the ends of the wraps open instead of folded in.”
Materials science and engineering major Claire Tomaszewski condemned the new wrap design: “It’s really difficult to eat because everything falls out of the bottom. It’s not that hard to fold the bottom end.”
“If I am turned off by it, some other people must be, too,” she added.
And she’s right! She’s not alone.
“I like them better when they’re folded in, and I do like the end piece cause I have a bit of extra wrap,” said biology major John Morgan.
“We haven’t been exposed to the other types of wraps,” freshman psychology major Mica Cocco told The Diamondback. “But we definitely think they’re hard to eat and they should accommodate for us.”
Despite the student outcry, it doesn’t appear dining room officials are going to change the wrap design anytime soon (I can’t believe I just wrote that sentence). The staff, who say they take “the new assembly process very, very seriously,” argue the design speeds up production and improves “plate presentation.”
“Many students, however, said the changes have made their meal experience more difficult,” The Diamondback reports.
We aren’t making this up, folks.
“Besides experimentation, college is also about learning important life lessons, and in this wrap matter U-Md. students have discovered a hard truth: The sandwiches they receive in life might not always be designed according to their preferences,” Rosenwald concludes.
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
Front page photo courtesy shutterstock.com
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 465 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 323 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 271 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 256 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 105 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 195 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 130 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 105 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 142 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Syrian opposition urges rebels to join key battle
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel
- Redford swept away in shipwreck saga 'All is Lost'
- UK, Denmark eyes visas for Afghan interpreters
- Official: Treasury played no role in IRS targeting
- Stocks edge higher as investors watch the Fed
- Richard Carrion declares IOC presidential bid