Beck Speaks to 143,000 Catholics About Voting & Politics During Tele-Townhall: ‘God Will Not Hold Us Guiltless’
On Tuesday night, Glenn Beck hosted a tele-townhall for CatholicVote.org on the importance of Catholic voters in the 2012 presidential election. The event, which was moderated by Rachel Campos-Duffy, was held via telephone, with a startling 143,000 people dialing in to participate. During the discussion, Beck discussed everything from personal responsibility at the polls and social justice to the value of human life.
Beck began with the rise of anti-Semitism and anti-Catholicism that has developed of late, while highlighting the fact that these are both issues he’s warned about in the past. He then moved on to one of the central tenets of the Catholic faith that has been manipulated by the left — social justice.
“What has happened over the last 100 years in the social justice movement…there’s a fundamental misunderstanding of what social justice is,” Beck explained. “Social justice, as the pontiff would [see] it, is your responsibility as an individual to listen to the gospel and then act — go and serve.”
However, this is radically different from the worldview that liberals generally embrace. The radio and television host contended that the version of social justice that many progressives tout is incorrectly based on the government acting “on your behalf.”
Rather than allowing these values to consume the Catholic Church, Beck encouraged believers to stand up for their values. “The Catholic Church is a force for good,” Beck proclaimed.
Later in the discussion, a listener asked, through Campos-Duffy, what she, as a mother, could do to help the current sociopolitical situation. Beck delved into the importance of mothers in paving the way toward a more viable future.
“It is mothers that have raised the sons and the women that have changed the world,” Beck told the Catholic audience, highlighting the notion that this is the most important role a person can fulfill.
In addition to mothers, the popular commentator encouraged every individual to get involved and to speak up for their Catholic faith. The responsibility for everyone, he said, is a great burden.
“God will not hold us guiltless. If you look at what is happening in the Middle East — there is a clear vision of good and a clear vision of evil,” he proclaimed. “You weren’t born at this time for no reason.”
Beck also went on to discuss wealth and his views on why so many mistakingly assume that the Republican Party is merely a political movement exclusively for the rich.
“Nothing on earth will turn this election except for the American people turning to God with all of your hope, all of your strength, everything you have,” he said toward the end of the discussion.
Listen to the tele-townhall, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 502 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 469 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 389 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 386 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 327 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 201 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 139 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 101 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 124 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- 87-year-old woman loses to Trump in civil case
- Maine governor moves out of office over TV dispute
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
- Belmoktar claims responsibility for Niger attack
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty; retrial set
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- NY senator: Assaults let military culture continue