Israeli Defense Force Office Posts Self-Defense Instruction Video — Starring a Female Instructor Kicking Butt!
Known more famously for posting nosecone videos of airstrikes on terrorist hideouts and hidden weapons caches, the spokesman’s office of the Israeli Defense Forces is branching out into other genres. Its latest video, “Learn How to Defend Yourself: IDF Style,” stars one of its, shall we say, camera-friendly female combat instructors demonstrating martial arts techniques for avoiding abduction.
Twenty-year-old Krav Maga instructor Sgt. Rachel Shir demonstrates on-camera what she teaches IDF soldiers to avoid being kidnapped.
The IDF explains:
Krav Maga is a self-defense system that was invented by the Israel Defense Forces in order to ensure that both combat and non-combat soldiers know how to stay safe in every situation. All IDF soldiers are taught how to defend themselves from abductions, stabbing attempts and much more.
As two actors approach her on a dark, isolated street, Rachel explains:
When walking alone at night, be aware of your surroundings, stay focused and be ready for any attack to occur.
If attacked when you’re out at night by yourself, use everything in your hand to defend yourself.
When your attacker is stunned, strike him in the groin to neutralize him as quickly as possible.
All this naturally prompted some cheeky comments on YouTube including:
“She can abduct me anytime.”
“We don’t turn the other cheek. We kick back in the balls.”
“The UN will vote that she used disproportionate force! :-)”
There is a universal draft in Israel for both men and women. The latter serve a mandatory two years in the IDF. Like in the U.S., the recruitment of women to combat positions followed debate among military leaders due to concern over the potential abductions of female soldiers. Abductions are a very real threat to Israeli soldiers, the most recent case being Gilad Shalit who was snatched from Israel and held in Gaza for more than five years.
The issue of women in combat was highlighted last week when a female sniper serving in the IDF named only as “Corporal S.” was commended after she shot dead a terrorist carrying explosives who engaged her battalion along Israel’s border with Egypt. In the gunfight, her male colleague Cpl. Netanel Yahalomi was killed. “One of the terrorists exploded right in front of us,” she told the Israeli news site Ynet.
After the battle, the IDF criticized the Israeli media for focusing on another woman in the co-ed battalion who allegedly took cover behind bushes fearing she would become a kidnapping target for the terrorists. The IDF stated that she was never ordered to storm the terrorists.
This is the second video the IDF has released on self-defense. In the first, Rachel explains what to do if faced with various scenarios including getting your hair pulled, if grabbed from behind, and when attacked from the front.
Watch the latest IDF video here:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 474 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 464 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 370 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 330 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control Read More
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 196 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 100 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 107 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Iran's Rafsanjani blasts clerics, says report
- Kerry Kennedy, farmworker protest Wendy's in NYC
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season
- UK police: 2 more arrests linked to hacking death of British soldier in London.
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- Pritzker's ties to thrift, tax haven eyed
- Writer Chinua Achebe honored in Nigeria funeral
- Shareholder adviser firm paying $300,000 fine