Another Day, Another Incredible Touchdown Pass You Won’t Believe
One of the most amazing football plays of the year didn’t come out of the NFL, or even college football — it happened on a 2-point conversion attempt during a high school football game in Washington State.
Tumwater High School coach Sid Otton reached deep into his playbook to pull off the circus-like play and send the game into overtime. The conversion allowed them to go on and defeat the highly ranked Olympia Capital High in OT 35-28.
After the snap, Tumwater QB Jayden Croft turned his back towards the end zone and tossed the ball over his head, as Deadspin puts it, like a “wedding bouquet.” The ball hung in the air about two yards into the end zone, and with the defense caught off guard, 6’5″ tight end Jamie Bryant, a University of Washington commit, was able to bring the pass down for the completion.
Yahoo! Sports describes how the incredible and gutsy play developed:
Keep in mind: This play was no fluke. From the snap to the catch, Tumwater’s game-tying 2-point conversion was designed to play out exactly as it did. The fact that Otton had the gusto to call it with the game on the line is nothing short of remarkable.
As it turned out, the play unfolded just as Otton dreamed it would, with Croft taking a clean snap, turning his back as if he was going to hand off the ball and then flinging it up in the air. It sailed cleanly toward Bryant, who elevated and muscled his way to a game-tying catch, sending Tumwater and its fans into delirium while Capital looked on, stunned.
“Jaimie was awesome,” Otton told The Olympian. “If you get [that two-point conversion play] wrong, you’re just a dumb coach, which I can take. But if you get it right, it’s such a big momentum changer.”
Watch the crazy play here and then post your comments:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 474 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 444 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 378 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 329 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 307 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 187 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 142 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 106 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Boy Scout leaders to vote on lifting gay ban
- Deliberations resume in Arias trial penalty phase
- 12-year-old Mass. boy wins National Geographic Bee
- EU bid to label Hezbollah wing terror group
- Syrian opposition urges rebels to join key battle
- Bears LB Urlacher announces his retirement
- Israeli air force chief warns of Syrian attacks
- Oklahoma City mayor says 12,000 to 13,000 homes damaged or destroyed by tornado