Another Day, Another Incredible Touchdown Pass You Won’t Believe
One of the most amazing football plays of the year didn’t come out of the NFL, or even college football — it happened on a 2-point conversion attempt during a high school football game in Washington State.
Tumwater High School coach Sid Otton reached deep into his playbook to pull off the circus-like play and send the game into overtime. The conversion allowed them to go on and defeat the highly ranked Olympia Capital High in OT 35-28.
After the snap, Tumwater QB Jayden Croft turned his back towards the end zone and tossed the ball over his head, as Deadspin puts it, like a “wedding bouquet.” The ball hung in the air about two yards into the end zone, and with the defense caught off guard, 6’5″ tight end Jamie Bryant, a University of Washington commit, was able to bring the pass down for the completion.
Yahoo! Sports describes how the incredible and gutsy play developed:
Keep in mind: This play was no fluke. From the snap to the catch, Tumwater’s game-tying 2-point conversion was designed to play out exactly as it did. The fact that Otton had the gusto to call it with the game on the line is nothing short of remarkable.
As it turned out, the play unfolded just as Otton dreamed it would, with Croft taking a clean snap, turning his back as if he was going to hand off the ball and then flinging it up in the air. It sailed cleanly toward Bryant, who elevated and muscled his way to a game-tying catch, sending Tumwater and its fans into delirium while Capital looked on, stunned.
“Jaimie was awesome,” Otton told The Olympian. “If you get [that two-point conversion play] wrong, you’re just a dumb coach, which I can take. But if you get it right, it’s such a big momentum changer.”
Watch the crazy play here and then post your comments:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 839 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 269 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 241 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 215 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 163 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 177 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 181 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- Roadside bomb kills 6 policemen in Afghanistan
- Charismatic Las Vegas mob lawyer mayor pens memoir
- Police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- O'Malley using agenda, fundraising to explore 2016
- Arias speaks on own behalf as jury considers death
- Red Wings beat Blackhawks to take 2-1 series lead
- China's Li seeks stronger economic ties with India
- Israel returns fire following shooting from Syria