‘Obama and the Threat to Israel’: See the ‘Absolutely Uncertain’ Video That’s Gotten 650K Hits in Three Days
A roughly 20-minute YouTube video analyzing President Obama’s relationship with Israel, narrated by a 23-year-old former Obama supporter, has gone viral. In just three days, the little-reported on video “Absolutely Uncertain” has logged roughly 650,000 hits.
Irina, the 23-year-old “Jewish New Yorker” who narrates much of the documentary, explains that she has always seen American-Israeli relations as a cornerstone of American politics, reaching into both parties.
“So when it was time for me to vote for the first time in 2008, I didn’t doubt for a moment that the strong relationship would continue, no matter who won,” she states.
Adding that many of her fellow students also had “confidence” in President Obama, Irina explains that the more she learns about politics and the Middle East, the more she doubts President Obama’s ready commitments to Israel’s security.
“I don’t know how many people realize this, but today, Israelis are lining up for gas masks and cleaning out their bomb shelters,” Irina begins.
On Obama’s promises that Iran will be stopped and the Middle East is becoming more “democratic,” the young woman simply says: “I’m not sure I believe it anymore.”
Watch the entire video, below:
Featuring interviews with leading international journalists and politicians, the movie intersperses Irina’s growing awareness of American politics and realities across the Middle East with contemporary news clips and quotes from the president himself.
“It didn’t seem like the president did a good job handling the revolutions of the Arab Spring,” Irina says at one point in the film. “Instead of becoming more open and democratic, it feels like the Middle East is becoming even more extreme than before– a real danger to Israel.”
From there, a wave of clips from CNN’s Candy Crowley to Harvard Professor Niall Ferguson weigh in on the so-called “Arab Spring,” and the new Islamist government in Egypt.
Irina also discusses President Obama’s seemingly tenuous relationship with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu, the ever-changing Democrat position on Jerusalem, Obama’s position that Israel should return to its “indefensible” 1967 borders, and most importantly, Iran.
Alternating with a clip of Obama saying he has Israel’s “back,” Irina says: “When I stop to think about the situation and the possible outcomes, it really scares me. Rather than doing what we can to make Israel safer, we have allowed Iran’s nuclear program to inch toward the point of no return.”
“I’m just not sure the president really does have Israel’s back, and I know I’m not alone.”
Harvard’s Alan Dershowitz and others then weigh in: “The great fear…is that a second Obama term could be more dangerous for Israel than the first Obama term.”
Irina continues: “Israel may soon find itself fighting for its very survival once again. And while I am proud that Israel is strong enough to defend itself, I’m extremely disappointed that President Obama has managed to put Israel in an even more difficult situation than it needs to be.”
“Today, the world is changing before our eyes– but it is not the change I hoped president Obama would bring,” Irina says in conclusion, adding that America’s relationship with Israel will start again in 2012 with a new president.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 597 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 522 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 410 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 341 Comments
- ‘We Ain’t Scared of Nobody!’: New Documentary Claims to Show the KKK Thriving in Deep South 298 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 296 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 154 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 101 Comments
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- David Beckham's soccer career officially over
- 2-child limit for Muslims in parts of Myanmar
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- Balloons bring smiles in war-weary Afghan capital
- A list of previous Palme d'Or winners at Cannes
- Iranian director facing jail appears in Cannes
- Chile's Indians take on world's largest gold miner
- Palme d'Or race wide open at Cannes Film Festival