Krauthammer on Presidential Debate: ‘Romney Won and Romney Won Big’
It seemed unanimous among both Republicans and Democrats, conservatives and liberals, that GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney outperformed President Barack Obama in Wednesday night’s debate. While the left scrambled to figure out what went wrong, the right rallied around Romney.
Fox News political analyst Charles Krauthammer said Romney won “big” in the debate, by “two touchdowns,” in fact.
“I think Romney won and Romney won big,” he said. “It doesn’t change the game, but it changes the momentum.”
Krauthammer continued: “The Romney campaign has had a terrible month — to the extent that people are saying ‘You know, who is this guy, he seems like a sap’. All of a sudden, this Romney shows up, and he’s knowledgeable, he’s confident, and he’s got nerve. He never backed down on any of the Obama attacks.”
“In fact, every time Obama hurled a particular at him, he came back with a three point answer,” he added.
Instead of merely showing up and surviving the debate, Romney proved himself to be President Obama’s “equal,” the analyst explained, adding that if that was a boxing match, Romney won the majority of rounds.
Krauthammer said Obama was lazy in the debate and didn’t go after Romney over his controversial “47 percent” remarks, saying he wanted to “play out the 90 minutes, hold the ball and win.”
“But he didn’t. He lost,” he said of Obama.
Watch the segment via Fox News below:
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin told Neil Cavuto on Fox News Wednesday night that she “almost felt sorry for” Obama.
“It was a struggle to watch some parts of this…President Obama, with his lack of enthusiasm for his own policies and his lack of conviction in trying to articulate why it is that he believes government will make you healthy, wealthy, and wise and happy when you know the vast majority of Americans know government is not the answer,” she said.
Watch the clip via Fox News/Mediaite below:
Romney’s running mate Paul Ryan sent out this supportive message and picture via Twitter:
— Paul Ryan (@PaulRyanVP) October 4, 2012
Former presidential nominee Sen. John McCain tweeted:
If that debate was a fight they would’ve stopped it!
— John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain) October 4, 2012
National Review’s Jim Geraghty tweeted:
Maybe the Obama campaign really meant all of that pre-debate lowering of expectations.
— jimgeraghty (@jimgeraghty) October 4, 2012
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 442 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 398 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 343 Comments
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 316 Comments
- This Could Be the Most Haunting Statistic You’ll Ever See 270 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 167 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 102 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich 101 Comments
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 121 Comments
- ‘My Life Is Full of Blessings’: Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim Who Lost All Limbs Smiles as She Shows Off New Bionic Hands Read More
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California 126 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- Search for pilot in deadly NY Angel Flight ongoing
- QB Golson no longer enrolled at Notre Dame
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; 200-plus rescued
- Blackhawks beat Red Wings 4-1 to stay alive
- Umpire expresses regret on botched call
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto
- Ore. teen accused of planning to attack school
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued