Maine GOP Attacks Dem Candidate for Living ‘Bizarre Double Life’ on World of Warcraft Game
Seemingly out of ideas, the Maine Republican Party has created a website, distributed postcards and issued a press release in an effort to expose Democratic state Senate candidate Colleen Lachowicz’s “bizarre double life” she lives through the wildly popular online game “War of Warcraft.” She is reportedly a “level 85 orc” in the game, NBC News reports.
The website, colleensworld.com, outlines Lachowicz’s involvement in the game, which has roughly 20 million total players around the world.
“Colleen Lachowicz is a Democrat candidate for Maine State Senate. In Colleen’s online fantasy world, she gets away with crude, vicious and violent comments like the ones below. Maine needs a State Senator that lives in the real world, not in Colleen’s fantasy world,” the site reads.
Here are some of quotes that the Maine GOP-operated website attributes to Lachowicz:
“So I’m a level 68 orc rogue girl. I stab things . . . a lot. Who would have thought that a peace-lovin’, social worker and democrat would enjoy that?!”
“I can kill stuff without going to jail. There are some days when this is more necessary than others.”
“I’m so jealous! I wish I wasn’t at work. I’d much rather be gaming with my guildies!”
However, Lachowicz also regularly makes anti-conservative statements. Perhaps if the Maine GOP left out the “World of Warcraft” nonsense, they might of had a point to make about the importance of civility in politics.
“Now if you’ll excuse me, I may have to go hunt down Grover Norquist and drown HIM in my bath tub.”
“Or my dream from election season last year where John McCain sat at my childhood dining room table and I reamed him a new a**hole about Sarah Palin.”
“It sums up the teabagger mind set.”
“I tend to think of them as teabaggers.”
Maine’s GOP has also circulated a press release titled: ”Democratic Senate Candidate Colleen Lachowicz’s Disturbing Alter-Ego Revealed” which accuses her of living a “time-consuming double life” and post cards that attempt to tie the Democrat to her “World of Warcraft” character and feature her online comments.
“In Colleen’s World she gets away with crude, vicious and violent online comments,” the postcard reads:
In a statement posted on her website, Lachowicz mocked Maine’s Republican Party for the attack, calling it “very weird.”
“I think it’s weird that I’m being targeted for playing online games. Apparently I’m in good company since there are 183 million other Americans who also enjoy online games. What’s next? Will I be ostracized for playing Angry Birds or Words with Friends? If so, guilty as charged!”
Huffington Post reports that Maine Democratic Party Chair Ben Grant also responded in a statement, calling the attack a “new low” in the state’s politics:
Maine Democratic Party Chair Ben Grant also criticized the attack, calling it “a new low” and “childish” in a statement. “Tom Martin and his allies have been in power for two years, virtually unchecked, and they have nothing to show for it, and no record to run on. Instead, they want us to debate the personal, private life of our candidate and what games she plays for recreation,” he said. “Colleen may play ‘World of Warcraft’ online, but it has been far more harmful to Maine people that Tom Martin has been playing ‘Worlds of Hurt’ (at level 90) with their pensions, access to health care, and public schools.”
Front page image from colleensworld.com.
(H/T: Boing Boing)
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 420 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 377 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 299 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 100 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 110 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 212 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 175 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 111 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Senators warm to transportation nominee
- Judge seals affidavit of Maine man in teen's death
- Man who kidnapped 2 Iowa girls had long record
- HP's slumps deepens in 2Q as earnings fall 32 pct
- Faith healers charged with murder after 2nd death
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Polish man gets quick face transplant after injury
- Soldier charged with videotaping women