Maine GOP Attacks Dem Candidate for Living ‘Bizarre Double Life’ on World of Warcraft Game
Seemingly out of ideas, the Maine Republican Party has created a website, distributed postcards and issued a press release in an effort to expose Democratic state Senate candidate Colleen Lachowicz’s “bizarre double life” she lives through the wildly popular online game “War of Warcraft.” She is reportedly a “level 85 orc” in the game, NBC News reports.
The website, colleensworld.com, outlines Lachowicz’s involvement in the game, which has roughly 20 million total players around the world.
“Colleen Lachowicz is a Democrat candidate for Maine State Senate. In Colleen’s online fantasy world, she gets away with crude, vicious and violent comments like the ones below. Maine needs a State Senator that lives in the real world, not in Colleen’s fantasy world,” the site reads.
Here are some of quotes that the Maine GOP-operated website attributes to Lachowicz:
“So I’m a level 68 orc rogue girl. I stab things . . . a lot. Who would have thought that a peace-lovin’, social worker and democrat would enjoy that?!”
“I can kill stuff without going to jail. There are some days when this is more necessary than others.”
“I’m so jealous! I wish I wasn’t at work. I’d much rather be gaming with my guildies!”
However, Lachowicz also regularly makes anti-conservative statements. Perhaps if the Maine GOP left out the “World of Warcraft” nonsense, they might of had a point to make about the importance of civility in politics.
“Now if you’ll excuse me, I may have to go hunt down Grover Norquist and drown HIM in my bath tub.”
“Or my dream from election season last year where John McCain sat at my childhood dining room table and I reamed him a new a**hole about Sarah Palin.”
“It sums up the teabagger mind set.”
“I tend to think of them as teabaggers.”
Maine’s GOP has also circulated a press release titled: ”Democratic Senate Candidate Colleen Lachowicz’s Disturbing Alter-Ego Revealed” which accuses her of living a “time-consuming double life” and post cards that attempt to tie the Democrat to her “World of Warcraft” character and feature her online comments.
“In Colleen’s World she gets away with crude, vicious and violent online comments,” the postcard reads:
In a statement posted on her website, Lachowicz mocked Maine’s Republican Party for the attack, calling it “very weird.”
“I think it’s weird that I’m being targeted for playing online games. Apparently I’m in good company since there are 183 million other Americans who also enjoy online games. What’s next? Will I be ostracized for playing Angry Birds or Words with Friends? If so, guilty as charged!”
Huffington Post reports that Maine Democratic Party Chair Ben Grant also responded in a statement, calling the attack a “new low” in the state’s politics:
Maine Democratic Party Chair Ben Grant also criticized the attack, calling it “a new low” and “childish” in a statement. “Tom Martin and his allies have been in power for two years, virtually unchecked, and they have nothing to show for it, and no record to run on. Instead, they want us to debate the personal, private life of our candidate and what games she plays for recreation,” he said. “Colleen may play ‘World of Warcraft’ online, but it has been far more harmful to Maine people that Tom Martin has been playing ‘Worlds of Hurt’ (at level 90) with their pensions, access to health care, and public schools.”
Front page image from colleensworld.com.
(H/T: Boing Boing)
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 496 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 479 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 382 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 318 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 182 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 310 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 125 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Weiner gets started stumping in NYC mayoral race
- Obama lifts ban on Guantanamo transfers to Yemen
- Boy Scouts vote on policy toward openly gay boys
- Stocks edge lower as investors reassess Fed fears
- Smooth confirmation hearing for Pritzker
- Mary J. Blige faces $3.4M federal tax lien in NJ
- Pandora posts in-line 1Q loss, upbeat sales
- Swim coach sentenced to 7 years for sex abuse